• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink November Auction

247 posts in this topic

I agree that this is a very good thing for people who are trying to actually collect books, rather than speculate in them.

It could be very ugly for some high end dealers (or investors) though.

What will be interesting is to see if people change their buying habits in response.

On the opposite side, I think that the sharp rise in price for low grade AF15's probably makes the mid to higher grade copies a better value.

(thumbs u

Its a pretty sweet looking copy that I was very happy to acquire for under $2k

RAD68CCA2012101_16524.jpg

:applause:

So that's who won MY book! (Not my book consigned..."my" book I had intended on winning... :frustrated: )

CONGRATS George! She's a beaut! drummy used to own that one and said the colors are poppin' :headbang:

Its a pretty sweet looking copy that I was very happy to acquire for under $2k

RAD68CCA2012101_16524.jpg

:applause:

So that's who won MY book! (Not my book consigned..."my" book I had intended on winning... :frustrated: )

CONGRATS George! She's a beaut! drummy used to own that one and said the colors are poppin' :headbang:

.....the colors on that book pop even if it's a rag. ....and quite a steal. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

$3300 for Batman #41 CGC 9.4 was a very strong price and a lot more than recent sales of this book in 9.4. There is another 9.4 on Ebay right now and the bidding is in the $2000 range. EJR

$3300 for Batman #41 CGC 9.4 was a very strong price and a lot more than recent sales of this book in 9.4. There is another 9.4 on Ebay right now and the bidding is in the $2000 range. EJR

The one about to end on eBay has been listed multiple times with a 2K asking price and no bids. The sale of the CL copy last night will help it finally sell this time, and will probably make last night's winner feel a bit silly for paying $1300-$1500 over market value.

The one about to end on eBay has been listed multiple times with a 2K asking price and no bids. The sale of the CL copy last night will help it finally sell this time, and will probably make last night's winner feel a bit silly for paying $1300-$1500 over market value.

This will hurt more

FF #10 9.6 @ $5.3k

(Pedigree sold a 9.6 copy in November, 2009 Grand Auction for $27,999)

Ouch !! :ohnoez:

And, just so the # 11 wouldn't be lonely, I also snagged this one:

RAD28EC3201296_11432.jpg

Nothing wrong with snagging an old label White Mountain book at what would be an all-time GPA low.

Not even noted in the Title or description as the White Mountain Copy. :facepalm:

And, just so the # 11 wouldn't be lonely, I also snagged this one:

RAD28EC3201296_11432.jpg

Nothing wrong with snagging an old label White Mountain book at what would be an all-time GPA low.

Not even noted in the Title or description as the White Mountain Copy. :facepalm:

Yeah, I'm sure the consignor was happy about that. Just a SMALL oversight...

This will hurt more

FF #10 9.6 @ $5.3k

(Pedigree sold a 9.6 copy in November, 2009 Grand Auction for $27,999)

Ouch !! :ohnoez:

Well, sure, but you're talking about a 3 year time-span. I'm talking about less than 24 hours. The eBay copy sold today for 2K, $1300 less than the CL copy just last night.

I agree that this is a very good thing for people who are trying to actually collect books, rather than speculate in them.

What will be interesting is to see if people change their buying habits in response.

On the opposite side, I think that the sharp rise in price for low grade AF15's probably makes the mid to higher grade copies a better value.

(thumbs u

Agreed. The market is starting to correct itself and the true collectors who remain will help stabilize prices, especially in the cgc 5.0 to 8.5 range where many flock to complete their collections or wantlists. The high-end speculators (9.0-9.8) and pressers are going to be taking a bath on the money they spent in hopes of quick flips. IMHO, two events this year helped trigger this correction .... the quick flipping of the Billy Wright books at HA (not very successful) and Doug Schmell cashing out his Registry Sets; he wanted to get out before the bubble burst and in a way may have contributed to the correction itself by selling.

(thumbs u

Yeah, I'm screwed. So I'll invite you to a torch blazing at my house with my books, cause I'd rather burn em than give em away. :whee:

(thumbs u

Yeah, I'm screwed. So I'll invite you to a torch blazing at my house with my books, cause I'd rather burn em than give em away. :whee:

SG24XL.jpg

I wish this was the case for the things I was eying.

The books I am looking at are already higher than what they could have been picked up for elsewhere. I have been busy and was going to snipe.

Example: Good luck on Magnus Robot Fighter 1... an 8.0 OW Old Label sold on eBay for $325 on 11/8. The one in the ComicLink Auction is sitting at $382.

My only complaint was that things locked up for me when I went to bid on Batman 18. That book went for a great price and I wanted to place a bid in the end but things went frozen.

I now want to point out that Magnus Robot Fighter on Comic Link sold for...

$491... also a 8.0 OW...

Good luck to the winner. It is a pretty book. The next step up was $516... I could not pull the trigger on that.

The most confusing part? It wasn't even CVA Exceptional... :D

I should have snagged the one on 11/8.

I wish this was the case for the things I was eying.

The books I am looking at are already higher than what they could have been picked up for elsewhere. I have been busy and was going to snipe.

Example: Good luck on Magnus Robot Fighter 1... an 8.0 OW Old Label sold on eBay for $325 on 11/8. The one in the ComicLink Auction is sitting at $382.

I now want to point out that Magnus Robot Fighter on Comic Link sold for...

$491... also a 8.0 OW...

Good luck to the winner. It is a pretty book. The next step up was $516... I could not pull the trigger on that.

The most confusing part? It wasn't even CVA Exceptional... :D

I should have snagged the one on 11/8.

RAD3B3892012111_165257.jpg

sorry brother, but I've been waiting too long to get a decent copy of this book.

:foryou:

Honesty it looks o.k. I guess - I'm hoping it looks better in hand, but I would've been happy

with a 7.0 or 7.5...

Anyway I over paid a little, but I finally got one of these. I just love this title. The painted covers

the stories the interior art etc.

:cloud9: