• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink November Auction

247 posts in this topic

Stop your Grinnin' and Drop your Linen.

Holy Hannah! :o

Holy Hannah Part Deux! :o:o

Its safe to say that GA is on fire right now....wowsers..... :insane:

I knew, before clicking on the links, which books they were. Crazy money on those, but since they are the highest graded copies brought to market (at least according to GPA) not completely surprising.

Stop your Grinnin' and Drop your Linen.

Holy Hannah! :o

Holy Hannah Part Deux! :o:o

Its safe to say that GA is on fire right now....wowsers..... :insane:

I was thinking the 39 went a little low given it is CVA certified EXCEPTIONAL.

Oh and for folks out there that won books CVA certified EXCEPTIONAL, I am offering a new sticker removal process where I will professionally remove CVA labels from your CGC tombs using my proven technology.

dw443.jpg

I agree that this is a very good thing for people who are trying to actually collect books, rather than speculate in them.

It could be very ugly for some high end dealers (or investors) though.

What will be interesting is to see if people change their buying habits in response.

On the opposite side, I think that the sharp rise in price for low grade AF15's probably makes the mid to higher grade copies a better value.

(thumbs u

Yeah, I'm screwed. So I'll invite you to a torch blazing at my house with my books, cause I'd rather burn em than give em away. :whee:

I might have to sneak in there and see what I can grab before the flames get too high!

I wish this was the case for the things I was eying.

The books I am looking at are already higher than what they could have been picked up for elsewhere. I have been busy and was going to snipe.

Example: Good luck on Magnus Robot Fighter 1... an 8.0 OW Old Label sold on eBay for $325 on 11/8. The one in the ComicLink Auction is sitting at $382.

I now want to point out that Magnus Robot Fighter on Comic Link sold for...

$491... also a 8.0 OW...

Good luck to the winner. It is a pretty book. The next step up was $516... I could not pull the trigger on that.

The most confusing part? It wasn't even CVA Exceptional... :D

I should have snagged the one on 11/8.

RAD3B3892012111_165257.jpg

sorry brother, but I've been waiting too long to get a decent copy of this book.

:foryou:

Honesty it looks o.k. I guess - I'm hoping it looks better in hand, but I would've been happy

with a 7.0 or 7.5...

Anyway I over paid a little, but I finally got one of these. I just love this title. The painted covers

the stories the interior art etc.

:cloud9:

It's okay...

I do not think their scanner does the painted covers any real justice. I noticed that with the Four Color 596 - 1st Turok that I picked up through Comiclink last month. I have a raw copy... to tide me over... for now.

Magnus, Solar and Turok are very underrated characters in my book and have seemingly lasted through the years.

Excellent pickup.

Your book STILL isn't CVA Exceptional though... so... lol

I was outbid on every MD comic by about $2!

Did get this, though, for just over 1/2 Overstreet:

JungleComics33832012ComicLink.jpg

funny thing about this cover is that the man in front is taking down the panther the old fashion knife way while his girl in the back says "the hell with that" and shot her predator beast!

lol

I was outbid on every MD comic by about $2!

Did get this, though, for just over 1/2 Overstreet:

JungleComics33832012ComicLink.jpg

funny thing about this cover is that the man in front is taking down the panther the old fashion knife way while his girl in the back says "the hell with that" and shot her predator beast!

lol

[font:Book Antiqua]And all the action is happening between his legs...

Wait; what...?[/font]

:flamed:

Crime Suspenstories 22 CGC 6.5 $3988.00

Pretty crazy price for a 6.5 in my opinion. I thought the CGC 5.0 on Heritage that sold in October for $1015.00 was a little high also. In July a Vg- raw sold on Heritage for $448.00.

A trend?

Maybe Harley Yee's "fine" book for 900 bucks is a deal then? ( it is more like a 4.5 )

Pre-code Horror has been getting blown up. I started collecting three years ago and it was cheap and readily available. I just sit back and watch now as prices have skyrocketed. It's great stuff and was heavily under valued IMO and is probably closer to where it ought to be. Ya gotta wonder what a 9.6 Gaines copy of CS 22 would bring if it showed up.

Hooray for the wonderful precode collection I do have! :D

Booooooooo for the wonderful precodes I don't have! :)

I was the underbidder on Mad 1

Wasn't a book I "needed" thought it would be really cool to have. I did win something tonight but do not know if I am going to keep it. Depends on if I win something tomorrow.

1 for 21

spacebusters1cgc80churc.jpg

Funny, it was only after I won the book did I notice what looks like some in-slab damage (top center). Maybe notes will tell me if that was there when slabbed (?).

Anyone know the history of this book- previous owners?

it looked like it was going to be a strong night for GA early on. A Planet #71 CGC 8.5 3/4th best in census just went for $1100.

And I don't even think Cheetah is bidding on any of these.

I'm pretty much taking a pass on this whole auction.

it looked like it was going to be a strong night for GA early on. A Planet #71 CGC 8.5 3/4th best in census just went for $1100.

And I don't even think Cheetah is bidding on any of these.

I'm pretty much taking a pass on this whole auction.

Wish I could say I'm missing your absence....but it doesn't really matter anyway. Deep pockets abound! :cry: