• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 1 - Cover, Wrap, Centerfold

41 posts in this topic

Oh, If your worried about payment protection, I would do a cash deal via paypal. I wouldn't send someone I didn't know some books, hoping to recieve the comic page in return. Too much of a risk.

Send it regular paypal (goods), not personal. The word "cash" was just a generic term to seperate money or the books as payment.
Ok and that should protect me if the deal goes sour?
Yes.

Thank you so much, but I doubt this deal will go through as I think he is pretty firm at $1600 for the 1 page and still referring to it as the first wrap. I understand it is the origin page, but it is not worth that much.

Anybody know where I can find missing pages/wraps to this book or anyone who may have missing pages? As well, I contacted Motor City Comics a couple of days ago regarding their potential cover to Sup 1, but have not heard anything back.

Pages from Batman 1 have sold for 700-1200. These were non key pages although some did have joker content and one was the last page. Superman 1 is valued a great deal more so I think valuing the first page at 1000 or less is low. My concern would be with the page quality as that top corner looks very dark.

I have tried to piece a Batman 1 together for many years and I have thrown in the towel, IMO be happy with the parts or sell them as it is not likely or perhaps possible to piece it together.

If any part of a book is missing the book will come back as incomplete, if you sent in your book with the 1st page it would get a no grade. The best you could hope for is to marry in the parts but you would still get a no grade unless you completed the interior and got one of the covers, then it would be a .5 green label book.

Again be happy with the parts as they are I think the price on that book was cheap and would have bought it if I didn't have so many other things going on.

James G

Pages from Batman 1 have sold for 700-1200. These were non key pages although some did have joker content and one was the last page. Superman 1 is valued a great deal more so I think valuing the first page at 1000 or less is low. My concern would be with the page quality as that top corner looks very dark.

I have tried to piece a Batman 1 together for many years and I have thrown in the towel, IMO be happy with the parts or sell them as it is not likely or perhaps possible to piece it together.

If any part of a book is missing the book will come back as incomplete, if you sent in your book with the 1st page it would get a no grade. The best you could hope for is to marry in the parts but you would still get a no grade unless you completed the interior and got one of the covers, then it would be a .5 green label book.

Again be happy with the parts as they are I think the price on that book was cheap and would have bought it if I didn't have so many other things going on.

James G

Based on the photos, what do you consider a fair price for that page?

Here is a better picture of the page:

Superman%25201939%2520origin%2520page-1.jpg

If I manage to find all of the missing original pages, minus the cover and the centerfold and replace the cover and centerfold with reproductions, will it come back Incomplete NG, Restored and graded, ...??? As well, how would it grade if I have the individual missing original pages leaf casted and restored and just position them in or on the original book instead of attaching or would that hurt the grade and potential value. I just think it would be a waste to have the whole book restored or is that what should be done, tears sealed, cleaned, pressed and so on.... I am also concerned about investing all this money into a book where I may end up losing out financially. All of the work involved is far cheaper than what I have seen poor original coverless copies go for and cheaper than high grade restored copies, which is why I am considering the investment. I plan on keeping this book for a long time and prefer it to be complete, but just want a back door out in case and I know how people perceive extensively professionally restored books. Thanks. Please share your opinions.