• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackacre

379 posts in this topic

Sounds like a mild buzzing sound in here... wonder if I should read past the first 2 issues? Still sounds like it's going to be a mirror of a 70's sci-fi dystopian society flick... or even other recent up and coming stuff like Elysium. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, might even be a boost.

What makes it different/stand out though... or is it too soon to tell?

Sounds like a mild buzzing sound in here... wonder if I should read past the first 2 issues? Still sounds like it's going to be a mirror of a 70's sci-fi dystopian society flick... or even other recent up and coming stuff like Elysium. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, might even be a boost.

What makes it different/stand out though... or is it too soon to tell?

Lots of subplot...not nearly as straight forward with the story telling as some movies tend to be...keeps you guessing!

So I broke down and bought issue 1 on ebay for $3 last week. Read it today and while I wasnt disappointed it didnt leave me wanting more either.

Enjoyed the art. Refreshing to see a new book decent art again.

The storyline reminds me of Logan's Run in some ways. Closed off society with humans living out in the wild still.

It wasnt difficult to follow which is a plus. Most new books try to cram too much stuff into first issue.

I will pick up 2-4 in my LCS as they have copies available. After I read 2 I will decide to continue or not. Its not that the book is not terrible, it just didnt leave me wanting to go out and get issue 2. In this day and age it almost has to do that to survive.

I just read #6, pretty good. I'm not a fan of whole issues devoted to a single characters backstory, but in this case it is important to the story.

Kind of dragged my feet reading number six, and yes I thought it was very good!

Hey guys new to the post Ive been buying & selling on ebay for a couple of years now and was recently told by

One of my regular customers about a month or two back to pick this series up

Apparently he is close friends with a writer for this series and issue 9 is where the party starts

Needless to say I have a couple of 1, 2, 3 put away just in case

Hey guys new to the post Ive been buying & selling on ebay for a couple of years now and was recently told by

Apparently he is close friends with a writer for this series and issue 9 is where the party starts

Issue 9? Why make us wait almost a year to get the party started. I dropped it after #4. I might have gotten #5 through Previews, so I guess I'll have two first arcs on the side just incase.

I must just have terrible taste in comics.

Some of my favorite titles are ones that many on this board arent keen on. I cant stand 99% of what DC and Marvel put out but man I love me some Think Tank and Black Acre.

Issue 9? Why make us wait almost a year to get the party started. I dropped it after #4. I might have gotten #5 through Previews, so I guess I'll have two first arcs on the side just incase.

I have no clue slow build up to something great I hope didn't really follow it untill one of my

Customers told me to stock up at first I thought he was just trying to hype the book

But there might just be a slow fire building figured I should share

I have to say that for a while I was confused as to who was what, and why...The art doesn't really differentiate the people well enough....but as the story started moving it got better...

I have no clue slow build up to something great I hope didn't really follow it untill one of my

Customers told me to stock up at first I thought he was just trying to hype the book

But there might just be a slow fire building figured I should share

Thats assuming it makes it to issue 9. Issue 1 had a print run of 9800. Issue 4 had a print run of 4200. Thats a 56.7% fall from 1 to issue 4. Numbers paint a pretty clear picture here.