• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackacre

379 posts in this topic

I really like this book. Can't quite understand why it's not getting any love here. This and Clone, Think Tank, MP and then Todd all got/stayed on my pull list from the get go. With all the post apocalyptic scenarios you'd think this would be great for jumping onto the screen (big or small). :preach:

Spent some time over the past few days catching up on books and read all of BlackAcre in one go. The cover art to the first issue really put me off, but I thoroughly enjoyed the story and am looking forward to the next issue :)

I tend to buy a lot of series and wait to marathon them in one go. Not the smartest thing to do, committing money to something that I may not enjoy, but glad it worked on this title.

No.

But I still quite like this book. Looks like it's just you and me... lol

Nope, I am still in 100%. Love the world that is unfolding.

+1 I am always running behind on this series.

Nice, that makes four of us! :headbang:

It's been almost 4 months since my last post in this thread and it's still on the same page lol

I've continued to enjoy the book but did the penciller, inker or colourist change? I haven't payed attention as I'm in it for the narrative, but something felt different.

I had trouble deciphering the characters as they looked a little too similar, particular during the last few pages of the most recent issue.

Reading multiples issues in one go allowed me to appreciate the book more, opposed to reading monthly recently. It's enjoyable, but I wouldn't be able to recall what happened in the previous issue, so I think I'll go back to reading in arcs. I find I've the same problem with Revival even more so.

I'm not going to slab this, I really dislike the covers, but did add it back to my pull list as the stores here seem to ordering less and less for the shelves on release day.

How's the supply where you are?

It's been almost 4 months since my last post in this thread and it's still on the same page lol

I've continued to enjoy the book but did the penciller, inker or colourist change? I haven't payed attention as I'm in it for the narrative, but something felt different.

I had trouble deciphering the characters as they looked a little too similar, particular during the last few pages of the most recent issue.

Reading multiples issues in one go allowed me to appreciate the book more, opposed to reading monthly recently. It's enjoyable, but I wouldn't be able to recall what happened in the previous issue, so I think I'll go back to reading in arcs. I find I've the same problem with Revival even more so.

I'm not going to slab this, I really dislike the covers, but did add it back to my pull list as the stores here seem to ordering less and less for the shelves on release day.

How's the supply where you are?

Supply is slim. Orders have dwindled.

The book does have its challenges. I find the covers quite poor as well, and agree that facial features can blur together.

The story type is one that I like, though.