• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So if you criticize ComicLink...

198 posts in this topic

I read the thread last night, all I saw was something about the auction being extended? Where was the boardie bashing?

Were names actually used? If so, I'm going to have to think about not bidding there as well.

Send me a PM Sharon...

Not even a "please". :whatev:

Then post some pics of that kid. Show that baby off.

Or don't. These boards are full of weirdos. Keep your private stuff private.

If only you'd been around before facebook. You could have prevented Mark Zuckerberg...just prevented him.

If only you'd been around before facebook. You could have prevented Mark Zuckerberg...just prevented him.

At least with FB, it's harder for anonymous creeps to see your junk. Unless you show up to The Sausage Factory this weekend. 2 shows on Saturday.

I read the thread last night, all I saw was something about the auction being extended? Where was the boardie bashing?

Were names actually used? If so, I'm going to have to think about not bidding there as well.

Send me a PM Sharon...

Not even a "please". :whatev:

Apparently that was what was missing...forgive me Sharon!

One thing I do not think was wise was ComicLink talking about, correcting / mentioning the bidding history of a member.

At the very least I would think that CLink would have been smart enough to STFU since any participation from any user whether they win or not drives up bidding and lines their pockets through commission fees.

At least with FB, it's harder for anonymous creeps to see your junk. Unless you show up to The Sausage Factory this weekend. 2 shows on Saturday.

I've cleaned the lenses on my binoculars. (thumbs u

[font:Times New Roman][snip][/font]

Why are all your recent posts in a weird font?

Sorry, I had business to attend to and just got back to this thread.

The [font:Times New Roman]Times New Roman[/font] font is easier for me to read and edit before posting. Guess I'm just used to it and don't think it's weird. (shrug)

The [font:Times New Roman]Times New Roman[/font] font is easier for me to read and edit before posting. Guess I'm just used to it and don't think it's weird. (shrug)

[font:Times New Roman] I like it. But It needs to be bigger. [/font]

[font:Times New Roman] I like it. But It needs to be bigger. [/font]

That's what she said.

I sent him a message he responded hes using a stock photo. So I told him that it's misleading and to change it. Maybe he just doesn't know how to sell? Might sound strange but there's people who think they can do that type of stuff and it wouldn't hurt? Or he's just a scammer lol

Opps wrong post above....

True, but it sounds more interesting than discussing type fonts. lol

Which reminds me...

31148_300.jpg

I love that picture so much. (worship)

Well, this is a turnaround..I was not a bidder, but I think it's .very nice...

To ComicLinks November Auction Bidders and Sellers:

As you know, we made the decision to reopen 68 auction lots that initially closed between 8:00 PM and 8:30 PM on Wednesday, and we extended bidding on these lots through Friday, November 30th. We did so because we needed to take steps to protect all participants in the auction. Reopening these lots protected the bidders who were unable to bid within the last two minutes, and as a result protected our sellers, who entrusted us with the responsibility of auctioning their valuable goods. By taking this step to protect these two segments of auction participants, we realized that it would affect, and in some cases, initially frustrate or confuse, two other segments of auction participants: 1) the high bidder on Wednesday that remained high bidder but was bid up on Friday and 2) the high bidder on Wednesday that was outbid on Friday. We understand the frustration these participants may have felt when items were reopened for bidding, despite the fact that bids on Wednesday may not have been at a retail level due to the inability of late bidders to come in as they normally do.

We think that our two-pronged approach addresses the feelings (and pocketbooks) of each bidder participant while at the same time has worked to protect our sellers. The first part of the solution was reopening lots for bidding. The second part of the solution is what we are unveiling now. In short, we are giving the entire closing price difference between Wednesday and Friday to the bidder segments that were previously unaddressed -- if you were high bidder on Wednesday at 8:30 and remained high bidder on Friday, or you were high bidder on Wednesday at 8:30 but were outbid on Friday, you will receive the difference between Fridays price and Wednesdays price in compensation from ComicLink. Sellers will remain unaffected, and will still receive a net sale price based on Fridays close, because ComicLink will be paying the difference out-of-pocket (if the final price on Friday was $2,000 for a lot but that lot was at $1,000 on Wednesday night, the seller will still receive $2,000 less commission).

If you were high bidder on an auction lot on Wednesday, and remained the high bidder on Friday, but got bid up to a higher price: We understand that this must have been frustrating. We dont want you to be frustrated! So, we have decided that you only need to pay the amount of your original high bid on Wednesday (your current bid prior to 8:30 PM Eastern Time). ComicLink will make up any difference when paying the seller. So, if you were high bidder at $1,000 on a comic at the original closing time on Wednesday, but your bid got pushed up to $2,000 by other bidders on the Friday, you only owe ComicLink $1000. ComicLink will pay out-of-pocket the additional $1,000 less commission to the seller. If you have not yet paid for your auction wins, you may deduct the difference between Fridays price and Wednesdays price from your auction payment. The credit will be posted to your account, and if it is not used for anything else soon, you will be receiving a rebate check. If you have already sent payment, or do not want to figure out the difference, no worries -- the credit will be posted to your account automatically on this end anyway.

If you were the high bidder on an auction lot on Wednesday, but were outbid on Friday when the item officially closed: We understand how you may have felt when an auction you thought you won was reopened for bidding. ComicLink will be rebating you the difference between your high bid on Wednesday and the final winning bid on Friday. So, if you were the high bidder at $1,000 at 8:00 PM on Wednesday, but the item went for $2,000 to another bidder on Friday, ComicLink will be crediting your account or sending you a check for $1,000. We know that you may still be disappointed that you did not win the comic book, but at least now you will have a subsidy equal to the difference between what the comic book sold for and what you bid, and that may help you to acquire the comic book that you want. So, even if your high bid on Wednesday was at a wholesale level, using this subsidy, you will now be able to purchase the same item at a retail level. Of course, you may utilize the ComicLink Exchange as a resource for that objective, and the ComicLink Wantlist service may also be useful for this purpose. If you have won other items in the auction, just pay the invoice as you normally would. The credit will be posted to your account, and if it is not used for anything else soon, and you do not owe money to ComicLink, you will be receiving a rebate check. If do not know if this scenario applies to you, no worries -- we do, and you will receive payment or credit.

Ironically, the server setting error that preceded the reopening of lots was related to our investment in, and installation of, a major technology upgrade in order to improve the user experience. Regardless of best efforts, there is always an unlikely possibility for a technical error to occur in any online auction environment, and we realize that neither we nor any other company can completely eliminate this possibility. However, this is, and will remain, a rare occurrence for ComicLink. Maintaining and improving the reliability of our system will always be a top priority.

We hope that our approach in dealing with the affected auction participants shows that we truly care about our customers, and we are a company that is willing to make concessions in order to make a bad situation right. If you have questions and need further clarification about anything discussed, please give us a call at 617-517-0062 so that we can address them directly.

Sincerely,

Josh Nathanson, Founder and CEO

ComicLink