• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC does not respond on "ask CGC" so I will ask here

74 posts in this topic

Just wondering how long it takes from comics being graded to actually being shipped as I am on day 5 since grading. Also frustrated because I had to call for the grades because they will not come up on the link and they cannot seem to fix it.

There's no set formula - it all depends on the submission tier and how backlogged CGC is.

From what I can tell CGC is working on fixing the issue with the grades not showing up online - what more do you want them to do?

There's no set formula - it all depends on the submission tier and how backlogged CGC is.

From what I can tell CGC is working on fixing the issue with the grades not showing up online - what more do you want them to do?

Fix the website.

Fix their TATs.

Not buy a company that creates a conflict of interest.

Get a handle on some of their SS facilitators.

Hmm, Well am I to believe that once the grading is done that the turn around business days stop? And maybe post some info so that the people waiting 5 months don't have to call for that info just to find out whats going on. How's that?

I was told it's about 2 weeks after grading that my books would ship. (Graded 11/27, shipping next week, Dec 12) Then, certified mail via USPS during the holidays will probably put my books in-hand on/about December 30th, I would guess.

Just wondering how long it takes from comics being graded to actually being shipped as I am on day 5 since grading. Also frustrated because I had to call for the grades because they will not come up on the link and they cannot seem to fix it.

Was it a fast track submission, or non-fast track. I had a non-fast track sitting in encapsulation/shipping for 7 weeks. So 5 days is just a drop in the bucket, just be patient.

Fix the website.

Fix their TATs.

Spending money to expand while alienating your customer base under the assumption that they will accept reductions in existing service quality is the American Way. :blahblah:

Fix the website.

Fix their TATs.

Pay the personal CAWs a decent wage. :facepalm:

Fix the website.

Fix their TATs.

Pay the personal CAWs a decent wage. :facepalm:

pay them per book

Hmm, Well am I to believe that once the grading is done that the turn around business days stop? And maybe post some info so that the people waiting 5 months don't have to call for that info just to find out whats going on. How's that?

Turnaround times are from when the books have been received till they have been shipped out. Which means that it'll take longer to go from graded to shipped for books in the slower, cheaper submission tiers than it does for books in the faster, more expensive tiers - hence my inability to give you a set number of days.

What info are you having trouble finding? Current turnaround times are here and CGC did a post saying they were trying to fix the issue with the grades not showing up here.

I was told it's about 2 weeks after grading that my books would ship. (Graded 11/27, shipping next week, Dec 12) Then, certified mail via USPS during the holidays will probably put my books in-hand on/about December 30th, I would guess.

CGC is postponing any shipping until after 12/21 to see if the Mayans were correct. It's the Mayans fault CGC is behind.

Two weeks AFTER grading???? As Frank Barone would say...HOLY !!!. I find this unacceptable but I guess when you have a monopoly you can do whatever you want. Guess we are all suckers and if we accept the treatment, we deserve what we get.

Two weeks AFTER grading???? As Frank Barone would say...HOLY !!!. I find this unacceptable but I guess when you have a monopoly you can do whatever you want. Guess we are all suckers and if we accept the treatment, we deserve what we get.

I presume that after grading they have to be encapsulated, go through quality control, be double checked against invoices or whatever and then packed. It's not as if the times aren't on the website. What's unacceptable about it?

I find this unacceptable but I guess when you have a monopoly you can do whatever you want. Guess we are all suckers and if we accept the treatment, we deserve what we get.

The longer I'm on these boards, the more I realize that being part of this hobby means throwing the word "unacceptable" out of your personal dictionary.

I find this unacceptable but I guess when you have a monopoly you can do whatever you want. Guess we are all suckers and if we accept the treatment, we deserve what we get.

The longer I'm on these boards, the more I realize that being part of this hobby means throwing the word "unacceptable" out of your personal dictionary.

Let's use this instead

inconceivable-1.jpg

Turnaround times are from when the books have been received till they have been shipped out. Which means that it'll take longer to go from graded to shipped for books in the slower, cheaper submission tiers than it does for books in the faster, more expensive tiers - hence my inability to give you a set number of days.

What info are you having trouble finding? Current turnaround times are here and CGC did a post saying they were trying to fix the issue with the grades not showing up here.

Not to be argumentative here Mike, but what would you expect to be a "reasonable" time to fix a problem that impacts EVERY dealer account you have? CGC makes money off of dealers and collectors. Dealers and collectors make money off of CGC books. When a customer who submits under your account asks what his grades are after the books have been graded (over a week now) what do you do?

A- Take time out of your busy schedule to call and ask for the PDF to be emailed to you. Now the CGC employee has to dig it up and complie an email.

B- Give the customer the invoice numbers and have them call CGC wasting their time and the time of the CGC employee who has to pull up the information and compile an email.

C- Put pressure on IT to get it fixed.