• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC does not respond on "ask CGC" so I will ask here

74 posts in this topic

Hey anybody have a take on this idea. So CGC hires a secretary. Their job on the computer is strictly putting the grader notes onto your comics. This service would be free so your customer base who has to wait 120 business days feels a little better about the delay. These grader notes are now there whether the customer utilizes them or not these days so why not give them to us for no charge as a thank you for understanding the delays. Instead, we get charged an extra $5 per invoice now. That alone speaks volumes about what the customer truly deserves.

Hey anybody have a take on this idea. So CGC hires a secretary. Their job on the computer is strictly putting the grader notes onto your comics. This service would be free so your customer base who has to wait 120 business days feels a little better about the delay. These grader notes are now there whether the customer utilizes them or not these days so why not give them to us for no charge as a thank you for understanding the delays. Instead, we get charged an extra $5 per invoice now. That alone speaks volumes about what the customer truly deserves.

CGC should create another tier called EXTRA SPECIAL ULTRA QUICKIE TRACK where my books get graded in one day and delivered to my doorstep via a Unicorn ridden by an Angelina Jolie look-a-like dressed like a elf from Middle Earth. I'd totally pay an extra $8 for that.

I love that! And it becomes known as the ESUQT service. But you know cgc would start changing celebrities and then start a tier and different costs for what celecrity you want sent. Then we have "here we go again"

Hmm, Well am I to believe that once the grading is done that the turn around business days stop? And maybe post some info so that the people waiting 5 months don't have to call for that info just to find out whats going on. How's that?

Turnaround times are from when the books have been received till they have been shipped out. Which means that it'll take longer to go from graded to shipped for books in the slower, cheaper submission tiers than it does for books in the faster, more expensive tiers - hence my inability to give you a set number of days.

What info are you having trouble finding? Current turnaround times are here and CGC did a post saying they were trying to fix the issue with the grades not showing up here.

Not to be argumentative here Mike, but what would you expect to be a "reasonable" time to fix a problem that impacts EVERY dealer account you have? CGC makes money off of dealers and collectors. Dealers and collectors make money off of CGC books. When a customer who submits under your account asks what his grades are after the books have been graded (over a week now) what do you do?

A- Take time out of your busy schedule to call and ask for the PDF to be emailed to you. Now the CGC employee has to dig it up and complie an email.

B- Give the customer the invoice numbers and have them call CGC wasting their time and the time of the CGC employee who has to pull up the information and compile an email.

C- Put pressure on IT to get it fixed.

C) of course - but what I don't get is why people are automatically assuming CGC isn't doing what they can to get the system fixed? It's not in CGC's best interest to have this be messed up - it may just be a pain to fix :shrug:

Cgc does not sell kidneys or other vital organs. The way people here post about TATs would make one think it'd mean life or death to have their, hello COMIC BOOK back in the closet.
Agreed. It's only money. So please send me $300 and I will give it back to you at some point in the next year.

Hmm, Well am I to believe that once the grading is done that the turn around business days stop? And maybe post some info so that the people waiting 5 months don't have to call for that info just to find out whats going on. How's that?

Turnaround times are from when the books have been received till they have been shipped out. Which means that it'll take longer to go from graded to shipped for books in the slower, cheaper submission tiers than it does for books in the faster, more expensive tiers - hence my inability to give you a set number of days.

What info are you having trouble finding? Current turnaround times are here and CGC did a post saying they were trying to fix the issue with the grades not showing up here.

Not to be argumentative here Mike, but what would you expect to be a "reasonable" time to fix a problem that impacts EVERY dealer account you have? CGC makes money off of dealers and collectors. Dealers and collectors make money off of CGC books. When a customer who submits under your account asks what his grades are after the books have been graded (over a week now) what do you do?

A- Take time out of your busy schedule to call and ask for the PDF to be emailed to you. Now the CGC employee has to dig it up and complie an email.

B- Give the customer the invoice numbers and have them call CGC wasting their time and the time of the CGC employee who has to pull up the information and compile an email.

C) of course - but what I don't get is why people are automatically assuming CGC isn't doing what they can to get the system fixed? It's not in CGC's best interest to have this be messed up - it may just be a pain to fix :shrug:

If that is the case a simple update would be nice. An ETA or we have no idea..something is better than We are working on it. Thats like saying "The check is in the mail".

D - Do nothing because your customers have nowhere else to go.

Cgc does not sell kidneys or other vital organs. The way people here post about TATs would make one think it'd mean life or death to have their, hello COMIC BOOK back in the closet.
Agreed. It's only money. So please send me $300 and I will give it back to you at some point in the next year.
Time is money. You have to spend it to make it. Mabye you should get out of the comic book business and plant tomatoes. There won't be much money invested and you can sell them at the farmers market. If you get lucky and grow a big one you can possibly win a ribbon.

Not everyone getting a book slabbed is doing so to make money. Further, I know people who subbed books onsite with CGC and were not given any idea that the books would take 6 months to get back to them.

I find this unacceptable but I guess when you have a monopoly you can do whatever you want. Guess we are all suckers and if we accept the treatment, we deserve what we get.

The longer I'm on these boards, the more I realize that being part of this hobby means throwing the word "unacceptable" out of your personal dictionary.

Let's use this instead

inconceivable-1.jpg

:applause:

Dan

Every other week there's someone creating a new thread about how CGC is performing.

I think what did it was that CGC spent money on purchasing a company rather using that money on a new encapsulation machine.

If the board members had to take a vote whether CGC buys a company or buy a encapsulation machine, I think buying a encapsulation machine would win.

Every other week there's someone creating a new thread about how CGC is performing.

I think what did it was that CGC spent money on purchasing a company rather using that money on a new encapsulation machine.

If the board members had to take a vote whether CGC buys a company or buy a encapsulation machine, I think buying a encapsulation machine would win.

This

This

To give you an idea of how effective this "voting" idea is, vote in one hand, and mess in the other, and see which one gets filled up first.

This

To give you an idea of how effective this "voting" idea is, vote in one hand, and mess in the other, and see which one gets filled up first.

So now what am I supposed to do with this handful of mess?