• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on sellers who ask buyers to pay paypal fees?

153 posts in this topic

I was wondering why buyers absorb shipping costs and sellers are expected to absorb payment fees. Is it just convention? In which case it is arbitrary.

The shipping fees are much more variable than the fees. If I mail something to NY, it will cost me $5 boxed, to California, it might be $10 or more. If I ship out of the US, it can be much more.

PP fees on the other hand, are not so variable at all...only if you sell to someone out of the US and that's only another 1.5 percent.

One thing to keep in mind is that the PP fee is a sellers fee. It's charged to the seller by Paypal.

Quoted as this might conveniently get snowed under.

Well, technically, everything is a seller's fee. They called costs of doing business. That's way a seller has to, technically, realize a profit on what he sells in order to stay in business.

One thing to keep in mind is that the PP fee is a sellers fee. It's charged to the seller by Paypal.

Well, technically, everything is a seller's fee. They called costs of doing business. That's way a seller has to, technically, realize a profit on what he sells in order to stay in business.

Dealing with jerks like Watson and I is a fee unto itself. :cool:

I was thinking as compared to the BP at HA for instance. Which incidentally irks me no end as well ... hm a pattern perhaps?

I was thinking as compared to the BP at HA for instance. Which incidentally irks me no end as well ... hm a pattern perhaps?

Well, Heritage gets it from both ends. So, I guess one could refer to them as Lucky Pierre.

Well, Heritage gets it from both ends. So, I guess one could refer to them as Lucky Pierre.

That's weird, I've been calling them that for the last three months..

Nearly every month I spend all my disposable comic income on the boards, I have never PMd anyone, ever, trying to get a better deal.

I will pay the asking price if it is within what I feel is a good deal for the book.

I can regularly get carried away and have done deals on here for 20+ books on numerous occasions.

I am very easy to work with and pay immediately upon receiving a total.

I also dont look any further if I see mention of adding 3% :makepoint:

Nearly every month I spend all my disposable comic income on the boards, I have never PMd anyone, ever, trying to get a better deal.

I will pay the asking price if it is within what I feel is a good deal for the book.

I can regularly get carried away and have done deals on here for 20+ books on numerous occasions.

Why not?

personally i just add the paypal fees into the original listing price. i know this keeps me from offering the book a few bucks cheaper to those who pay by check but it simplifies things. I do feel just a little strange asking extra to offer paypal being as i benefit from its convenience as well.

Why not?

I just dont think that I could be bothered with the haggling back and forth, if the price is okay I pay it, if its not, there is always something that interests me for sale here.

Sometimes its just enough to show some interest and I get the PM offering me a lower price ;)

HA is a big-time auction house. Auction houses have always charged a BP. I don't mind paying it because I figure it into my bid. On the board we are dealing with fellow hobbyists ( ;) ) . Asking me to pay the PP fees on a book that's priced at full GPA (a fairly common occurrence) seems too grasping for me. I pay HA's BP all the time. I've never paid the PP fees while buying on the board and never will.