• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic-Con April 20-21, 2013, Boston MA

206 posts in this topic

According to the news, the whole city of Boston is on lockdown.

Local businesses are shut down. I was heading to Panera on Huntington when they posted signs. I live in JP and all businesses have been instructed to shut down (and have been). All UMass campuses have been shut down and UMass Boston has be evacuated. My father-in-law is a crane operator working on there and has been since ordered to vacate. I drove in (work at Huntington and Mass Ave), besides me I've seen a handful of cars and two bomb squad vehicles flying by.

Just got a text that all UMass campusses have now been ordered to evacuate (Boston is an odity as there are no dorms).

It's unreal here in Boston. 1/2 of the staff are not coming in (I work at a major use reentry center).

Boston on lock down and the FAA has ordered that flights be restricted.

No one is going to be able to fly into Boston either so guests are going to be limited if they are coming on a flight. The back log of flights as well will cause real problems too.

Hopefully everyone is safe up there. Sounds chaotic.

OK....

My school's homepage...

--------------------------------------------

Campus Closed

UMass Dartmouth has learned that a person being sought in connection with the Boston Marathon bombing has been identified as a student registered at UMass Dartmouth.

The campus is closed.

Individuals on campus should shelter in place unless instructed otherwise.

Return to this page for details as they become available.

Continue to UMass Dartmouth homepage

No one is going to be able to fly into Boston either so guests are going to be limited if they are coming on a flight. The back log of flights as well will cause real problems too.

Rumor going around is that the suspect is in CT. Not sure how they know this, however.

As the saying goes, lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

you really just said that. to think the level of disrespect that comment carries.

lol yea, thats never happened here in downtown Manhattan.

Good luck to everyone this weekend (getting sketches that is)

Rumor going around is that the suspect is in CT. Not sure how they know this, however.

That car has recently been found in Boston; Boston's lockdown now makes sense. Unreal.

"10:31 a.m. ET: A gray Honda believed to have been used by suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been recovered in Boston."

CT State Police on alert

Based on the fact that the 2nd suspect still hasn't been caught, the lockdown still in effect, another bomb discovered and the convention center still in the original crime zone I have reluctantly decided not to do the show.

While some might disagree, I would say you are making a wise decision.

As this thing does not seem to be coming to an end today, I'm even thinking that cancelling the show for purely logistical reasons may have to be on the table.

At this point there is little room to be critical of anyone's decisions which have to be made today for the show this weekend. I felt very differently a few days ago but those feelings have been obsoleted by events (or OBEd, for us engineers).

I'll be there Sunday if the show is on.

Safety first... With the lockdown and manhunt going, I can see how it would be almost impossible to set up much less attend this weekend.