• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official End of 2012 CG Roll Call Thread - Support Your Class!

What Year Did You Register?  

945 members have voted

1. 1. What Year Did You Register?

208 posts in this topic

Class of '08 still in the lead!

I understand '02, but why '08? hm

The Dark Knight movie got me back into comics after ten years out. That's why I joined when I did.

You may be right about that.

I am. I was there.

Class of '08 still in the lead!

I understand '02, but why '08? hm

The Dark Knight movie got me back into comics after ten years out. That's why I joined when I did.

You may be right about that.

That movie was a huge influence on the industry.

Odd how the odd Bat flick can have such an influence. The 1989 Burton movie has often been credited with reigniting a very stagnant back issue market.

I'm interested to see how the current onslaught of comic book movies affects back issues over the next few years.

:preach: You kids with your class pride and your newfangled polls. When I joined these boards we didn't have polls. We didn't care what other people thought! We just wanted to buy comics and complain about pressing. Except of course when we were getting our books pressed.

Modern comics?! We believed that bronze comics are modern.

And you could *spoon* on someone else's sales thread all you wanted. We called it "bumping."

:whatev:

:preach: You kids with your class pride and your newfangled polls. When I joined these boards we didn't have polls. We didn't care what other people thought! We just wanted to buy comics and complain about pressing. Except of course when we were getting our books pressed.

And you could *spoon* on someone else's sales thread all you wanted. We called it "bumping."

lol

I think we can still get a good pressing debate going at the drop of a hat. :grin:

lol

I think we can still get a good pressing debate going at the drop of a hat. :grin:

people here are very impressionable...

:acclaim:

I'll be here all week guys!

lol

people here are very impressionable...

:acclaim:

I'll be here all week guys!

Funny series of posts. I so identify with Bronze being modern. :golfclap:

Class of 2010.

Come on 2003 !!! :sumo:
:headbang:

:sumo: Let's face it, the future of this board was forever changed in '03 when, after the crotchety and slightly :insane: (cough Bug, cough Hammer) '02s, gave way to the enlightened renaissance of new blood in '03. These new members went on to save the CGC forum from continuing to denigrate into a childish mud slinging fest and thus paved the way for a full fledged :censored: storm to ensue.

Or ....

More people more problems :/

Class of 2007 has fallen asleep at the wheel.

:taptaptap:

:hi: To Claudio, the fellow who helped a brother out in the early days of sales threads.

We got 5 years of folks in front of us...and five years of folks behind us. We're solid middle men. :sumo: