• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Threads

147 posts in this topic

And if you wish everyone a happy birthday, it doesn't mean as much when you wish me one. :foryou:

All those other boardies don't mean anything to me baby, you know you're the only one for me. I just told them happy birthday on a whim. I only mean it when I say it to you. <3

This thread is just aching for a poll. ;)

I was just about to say it's aching for a pole to be removed from someone.

All kidding aside, I don't want to see half of the Comics General forum filled with happy birthday threads when I visit.

If you provide us with some advance notice of your next impending arrival at Comics General we'll tidy up the place a bit for you and perhaps prepare some baked goods and Earl Grey tea.

I liked them when they were sincere. Fishing through the address book to create all these isn't. I've stopped looking at them or posting to them because of it.

I agree.

What makes you guys think they aren't sincere? I mean it when I write Happy Birthday. (thumbs u

All kidding aside, I don't want to see half of the Comics General forum filled with happy birthday threads when I visit.

If you provide us with some advance notice of your next impending arrival at Comics General we'll tidy up the place a bit for you and perhaps prepare some baked goods and Earl Grey tea.

lol Zing!!

I see it as a nice way to foster community, makes it more personal. It's exponentially better than the forums that send you the generated email at midnight on your birthday.

(thumbs u

Happy birthday, Marvelfangirl! :applause:

Happy birthday, Sandflea! (thumbs u

Happy birthday, TheWatcher! :golfclap:

Happy birthday, NamesJay! :grin:

Happy birthday, faster friends! :whee:

Happy birthday, Chris S! :)

Happy birthday, USCMitch! :banana:

Happy birthday, greggy, you dork. :(

Happy birthday to anyone I might have missed! :D

This post illustrates a compromise example. Put all of the day's birthdays in one thread.

Nothing says "enjoy your special day" like having it crammed into a mass posting with a bunch of other people.

We should just make a stickied post at the top of CG that says "Happy Birthday {INSERT YOUR NAME HERE}"

That's a nice sentiment.

The first time I saw a birthday thread for me ( started by Dave of course) and lots of boardies wishing me well, it really made my day, when I didnt think it would have.

You keep going Dave, you make a lot of people feel special. :foryou:

:cloud9: Then I did my job.

I understand your concern,and if people don't like it I will stop. (shrug)

That's why I asked. It's excessive to me.

I appreciate the intentions, but I don't see the point of starting dozens of threads. It's not like the search engine here needs any extra stress either.

I look forward to a Birthday thread every year. I am shocked you are trying to deprive me of this. :facepalm:

It's just a demarcation that you are one year closer to death.

I prefer to think of it as one more year that I've dodged death.

I appreciate the intentions, but I don't see the point of starting dozens of threads. It's not like the search engine here needs any extra stress either.

I look forward to a Birthday thread every year. I am shocked you are trying to deprive me of this. :facepalm:

Oh sure...and I'm Debbie Downer. Watson makes me look like Shirley Temple on the good ship lollipop.

Oh sure...and I'm Debbie Downer. Watson makes me look like Shirley Temple on the good ship lollipop.

You are Debbie Downer. Watson is her fatter, old maid-er cousin - Bertha Buzzcrush.

You are Debbie Downer. Watson is her fatter, old maid-er cousin - Bertha Buzzcrush.

:slapfight:

In this time of tragedies so close to the holidays,i'll use my ol' standard phrase.

Not that anyone should,but there are a many other things or subjects one could complain about than too many HB threads.

That is,if one really really feels like complaining to begin with.

Best thing I have read all day long :golfclap: and potential "Post of the Year" entry.

I am amazed that taking the time to wish someone a Happy Birthday bothers someone so much that they feel compelled for whine, bhich and moan about it on ANY day, much less a day filled with so much tragedy and sadness across the land.

To complain about something that fosters a sense of community and exists to make someone feel nice & appreciated seems fundamentally wrong and at odds with good natured and well intentioned human beings.

There are so many real things to complain about that I find this anti-birthday sentiment insulting, offensive and mean spirited. How does one sleep at night knowing that they publicaly denounced the sending of wellwishes from one caring individual to another?

I vote thumbs down to the OP and move that at the very least she be suspended although a complete ban for life would be more appropriate.

The first time I saw a birthday thread for me ( started by Dave of course) and lots of boardies wishing me well, it really made my day, when I didnt think it would have.

+1, I think it's sweet, thank you, Dave...

I will however, consider sending an unbirthday alert to anyone who is bothered that there is a birthday post, so they can just skip the forum on that day....

Perhaps that would be helpful;)

That way you can just read it on days no one here was born.... : :angel: :

I will however, consider sending an unbirthday alert to anyone who is bothered that there is a birthday post, so they can just skip the forum on that day....

As pretty much every day has at least one birthday, this would be tantamount to Kramerica's banning. lol

Maybe from now on people need to apply for membership, and having it granted if they're born on a day not shared by many current members.

I like where you're going with this...

I don't think they add anything to the conversation about comics (not that this thread does either sadly).

If I'm really the only person who feels that way, then I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for listening to me complain at least. :)

you're not the only one

That sounds like an excellent plan.

In this time of tragedies so close to the holidays,i'll use my ol' standard phrase.

Not that anyone should,but there are a many other things or subjects one could complain about than too many HB threads.

That is,if one really really feels like complaining to begin with.

Best thing I have read all day long :golfclap: and potential "Post of the Year" entry.

I am amazed that taking the time to wish someone a Happy Birthday bothers someone so much that they feel compelled for whine, bhich and moan about it on ANY day, much less a day filled with so much tragedy and sadness across the land.

To complain about something that fosters a sense of community and exists to make someone feel nice & appreciated seems fundamentally wrong and at odds with good natured and well intentioned human beings.

There are so many real things to complain about that I find this anti-birthday sentiment insulting, offensive and mean spirited. How does one sleep at night knowing that they publicaly denounced the sending of wellwishes from one caring individual to another?

I vote thumbs down to the OP and move that at the very least she be suspended although a complete ban for life would be more appropriate.

There is something vaguely ironic about this post.