• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Threads

147 posts in this topic

Like I said, birthday threads are a nice thing for people. I just wish that people wouldn't bump a whole bunch of out of date birthday threads so they take up most of the first page.

Usually there's no more than about three birthday threads in one day which is fine.

I see it as a nice way to foster community, makes it more personal. It's exponentially better than the forums that send you the generated email at midnight on your birthday.

(thumbs u

Happy birthday, Marvelfangirl! :applause:

Happy birthday, Sandflea! (thumbs u

Happy birthday, TheWatcher! :golfclap:

Happy birthday, NamesJay! :grin:

Happy birthday, faster friends! :whee:

Happy birthday, Chris S! :)

Happy birthday, USCMitch! :banana:

Happy birthday, greggy, you dork. :(

Happy birthday to anyone I might have missed! :D

This post illustrates a compromise example. Put all of the day's birthdays in one thread.

I see it as a nice way to foster community, makes it more personal. It's exponentially better than the forums that send you the generated email at midnight on your birthday.

(thumbs u

Happy birthday, Marvelfangirl! :applause:

Happy birthday, Sandflea! (thumbs u

Happy birthday, TheWatcher! :golfclap:

Happy birthday, NamesJay! :grin:

Happy birthday, faster friends! :whee:

Happy birthday, Chris S! :)

Happy birthday, USCMitch! :banana:

Happy birthday, greggy, you dork. :(

Happy birthday to anyone I might have missed! :D

This post illustrates a compromise example. Put all of the day's birthdays in one thread.

Great idea.

I've seen more krap on CG than the birthday threads. This is s community and its a way to recognise other Boardies I do not usually interact with.

They should stay :sumo:

Oh, and Oak is a gentleman starting most of these threads (thumbs u

I've seen more krap on CG than the birthday threads. This is s community and its a way to recognise other Boardies I do not usually interact with.

:golfclap:

:golfclap:

I will continue to bump Birthday Threads as often as I am able for all the reasons Waylander has stated above as well as to add to my pathetic, 3-year post count.

But here's a picture just in case my Birthday Thread next year sucks and my opinion changes.

CalvinPissing.jpg

I understand your concern,and if people don't like it I will stop. (shrug)

That's why I asked. It's excessive to me.

I appreciate the intentions, but I don't see the point of starting dozens of threads. It's not like the search engine here needs any extra stress either.

I look forward to a Birthday thread every year. I am shocked you are trying to deprive me of this. :facepalm:

I appreciate the intentions, but I don't see the point of starting dozens of threads. It's not like the search engine here needs any extra stress either.

I look forward to a Birthday thread every year. I am shocked you are trying to deprive me of this. :facepalm:

It's just a demarcation that you are one year closer to death.

It's just a demarcation that you are one year closer to death.

Or one year further away from that dreadful event of birth. :P

I liked them when they were sincere. Fishing through the address book to create all these isn't. I've stopped looking at them or posting to them because of it.