• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Threads

147 posts in this topic

I vote thumbs down to the OP and move that at the very least she be suspended although a complete ban for life would be more appropriate.

You want me banned for life from the CGC message boards because I don't like seeing endless happy birthday threads? Give me a break.

I agree. A Ban for life would be more appropriate.

You gonna join the OP? You deserve a ban more.

Go on.

Don't listen to him kiddo. Stay gold...

I toldja you'd regret this. These threads always get blown out beyond what you originally said. :preach:

You were totally spot on. I suppose I had to learn the hard way. :facepalm:

I feel like a politician who made a gaffe. I want to reassure the electorate I am not anti-birthday...

:applause:

happy-birthday-photos.gif

If they had their own forum, it'd soon become as tumbleweedy as the kudos forum.

Wouldn't that be a sign most people don't want to see a dozen birthday threads every day? :baiting:

If they had their own forum, it'd soon become as tumbleweedy as the kudos forum.

Wouldn't that be a sign most people don't want to see a dozen birthday threads every day? :baiting:

No, it just means if you put something away in a dark corner, fewer will see it. Far fewer people will go seeking out birthday threads in a forum they're not already in. This has no relation to how pleasant they may find stumbling upon them unsought in CG.

I'm sure you would rather see more "Anybody buy from this seller or that seller" threads.Sheesh! doh!

You were totally spot on. I suppose I had to learn the hard way. :facepalm:

I feel like a politician who made a gaffe. I want to reassure the electorate I am not anti-birthday...

An now the flip flopping begins. :grin:

And, :jokealert: just in case that get's taken the wrong way.

That would be a sign YOU don't want to see them. That's pretty clear.

I don't understand why anyone would join a comics community and then chafe that there's a community.

There are Gold, Silver, Bronze, Modern, Magazine, Sales, Dealer, Artwork, Events and every other type of forum dedicated to comic talk all day every day. Maybe peruse those forums. They'll be more nitty gritty hard hitting comics with none of these fluffy feelings, and mutual respect and admiration.

Comics General is for everything else, including members of the CGC comics board who have had a significant life event.

This is where we hear about marriages, divorces, births, illnesses and deaths. It's a valuable and important part of this community and birthday announcements and well wishes are a positive aspect of a board that can be whiny, angry, negative, self-centered, and petty.

Short version: You no likey, you no gotta clicky.

I don't understand why anyone would join a comics community and then chafe that there's a community.

There are Gold, Silver, Bronze, Modern, Magazine, Sales, Dealer, Artwork, Events and every other type of forum dedicated to comic talk all day every day. Maybe peruse those forums. They'll be more nitty gritty hard hitting comics with none of these fluffy feelings, and mutual respect and admiration.

Comics General is for everything else, including members of the CGC comics board who have had a significant life event.

This is where we hear about marriages, divorces, births, illnesses and deaths. It's a valuable and important part of this community and birthday announcements and well wishes are a positive aspect of a board that can be whiny, angry, negative, self-centered, and petty.

I honestly don't see why this appears to be so difficult for some people to understand.

I mean other than the usual suspects who just appear to hate their lives in general.

Well said. :applause: