• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best mutant comic to read after Uncanny X Force?

32 posts in this topic

I must get around to dropping in at Comicana and picking up my latest reads, sounds like All New X Men is gonna be worthwhile and the original X Men in present day concept had piqued my curiosity.

My fingers are crossed for the X Force titles too, Cable's an old favourite.

Gotta be All New X-Men

+1

Best current book by a country mile.

+2

That was the book I was actually most concerned about being any good - turns out it's the best read by far.

I just finished UXF - was there ever any explanation to Daken's return? I don't even think they gave any hint or foreshadowing behind it. They just plopped him back in there... (UXF spoiler alert)

...just so they could get a more meanful death at the hands of Wolverine out of it. Which was kind of a let-down, anyways.

Did I miss something?

Wasn't he recruited in by Sabretooth? That was my understanding.

Yes, but at the end of his self-titled series, he killed himself in an explosion, effectively splattering himself across New York City. And the only reason I bought this issue was because I disliked the character so much, I was pretty excited to see him killed off.

There was no hint of him actually not being dead, and no tease or explanation in UXF about him "coming back". He just appeared in the book, with no reference to him dying at all (at least none that I read).

Yes, but at the end of his self-titled series, he killed himself in an explosion, effectively splattering himself across New York City. And the only reason I bought this issue was because I disliked the character so much, I was pretty excited to see him killed off.

There was no hint of him actually not being dead, and no tease or explanation in UXF about him "coming back". He just appeared in the book, with no reference to him dying at all (at least none that I read).

hm

(shrug)

Wasn't he in Venom also? Maybe Remender just has a desire to use him.

I have to honest, there will be no book to replace Uncanny X-Force.

It's been decades since an X-book was that good for that long. Such a great title, able to exist in its own bubble.

I really enjoyed it. I think I enjoyed that title as much as I enjoyed reading the early 90's Claremont X-Men back in the 90's when they came out. The character's dialogue and tone for both of those books were absolutely perfect for their respective time periods. We'll probably look back on UXF 15 years from now and talk about how great it was.

Wolverine & The X-Men is currently my favorite X-book. All New X-Men is good but W & TXM has a nice old school vibe going on and I love the Nick Bradshaw art.

Too much Bachalo artwork in the series spoilt it for me.