• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

In Return of the Jedi how does a, and I quote, "Legion of the Emperors Best Troops" get beaten by a bunch of teddy bears with sharp sticks?

I agree, how does the most powerful, equipped, advanced military on the planet get bested by a bunch of jungle dwelling, lightly armed, foes?

That would never happen in real life. meh

This was the POST OF THE WEEK!! (thumbs u (thumbs u

In the Karate Kid, the first one, with Ralph Macchio as Daniel-san, the big climactic tournament finals with Daniel vs. Johnny.

The rules are: You can hit the head, sternum, kidneys, and ribs, and you need three points to win.

After the score is tied two to two, Johnny punches Daniel in the head.

Game over. Johnny wins.

Daniel can't do his crane kick because he already lost on the head punch.

Earlier in the tourney a player is disqualified for "excess or deliberate contact". They obviously saw Johnny's punch to the side of the head as excessive enough to not allow the point.

Oh and :censored: Johnny.

Billy Zabka, who played Johnny, is one of the most genuinely nice "celebrities" I have ever met.

Ok Billy gets a pass......but :censored: Johnny.

You know the world is coming to an end when people start to question Abbott and Costello movies for plot holes. lol

Hey I didn't get too Harpo singing Down By The Old Mill Stream in Day At The Races.

(worship)

In ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN the museum owner, McDoogle, gets bit on the neck by the Wolf Man but he doesn't become a werewolf. He believes Abbott bit him but it really was the Wolf Man.

Jeff Rovin(Tom Clancy's ghostwriter) wrote a novel that was a sequel to A&C Meet F, and McDougal becomes a werewolf in it. :fear:

Return of the Wolfman by Jeff Rovin

In "A Christmas Story", narrator Ralphie says "my mother had not had a hot meal for herself in 15 years". How would he know this when he's only 9? And since he's the oldest child, there was 6 years when his parents had no kids but Mom never had a hot meal? Was The Old Man really that mean? What a travesty!!!

In Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, how does Yukon Cornelius survive the fall over the cliff with the Abominable Snow Monster?

Because he's a bad mutha-frucka.

In "A Christmas Story", narrator Ralphie says "my mother had not had a hot meal for herself in 15 years". How would he know this when he's only 9? And since he's the oldest child, there was 6 years when his parents had no kids but Mom never had a hot meal? Was The Old Man really that mean? What a travesty!!!

Has anybody ever noticed that Ralphie puts the Red Rider gun ad on the wrong bed. He puts it on his dad's bed.

Mom could have told him

Ches,

Regarding Twelve Monkeys....I think the point of that movie is that everything that happened/happens is beyond the control of those trying to change it. So I don't think that the message left that he's hearing in the future was out of synch with the movie as no matter what all these things happen/happened. Ultimately if I remember correctly it was through the attempted tampering of the timeline that the person who released the disease got access to the disease anyway...so really time may not be as Linear of a concept as we think?

I hate to think that everything that is going to happen is already written. The thing that blew my mind though, was that when he was in the insane assylum, by mistake, he might have been the person who thought of the idea of the global virus by influencing the pharmaceutical giant's son, who in turn might have had a hand in having the head pharmacist in his father's company, in ultimately releasing the virus.

That is it though everything is already written. As the audience we're not expected to realize this...that no matter what happens nothing will change...pretty clever really, considering all the popular time travel movies of the prior decade where time travel manipulation usually results in a happy ending with a Hughie Lewis song tossed in...another mind blower...the lead scientist from the future is sitting next to the man that releases the virus on the airplane at the end of the movie.

:o :o

Holee...schhh....

(worship) (worship) (worship)

12 Monkeys rules.

In Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, how does Yukon Cornelius survive the fall over the cliff with the Abominable Snow Monster?

Because the same guy that wrote the screenplay for Skyfall also wrote RtRNR :tonofbricks:

The first second of "Battlefield Earth" to the last second.

Illiterate humans discover 2000 year old flight simulator that still works, find some 2000 yr old F-15's that still work,fuel them,fly them and beat the nasty aliens who destroyed all of Earths armies in 9 minutes.

This film is unbeatable as having the worst plot in cinematic history.

If you have never seen it, get pizza,pop-corn and enjoy!

Or get totally hammered and its a lot funnier.

Dumbest movie ever.

:sick:

Ches,

Regarding Twelve Monkeys....I think the point of that movie is that everything that happened/happens is beyond the control of those trying to change it. So I don't think that the message left that he's hearing in the future was out of synch with the movie as no matter what all these things happen/happened. Ultimately if I remember correctly it was through the attempted tampering of the timeline that the person who released the disease got access to the disease anyway...so really time may not be as Linear of a concept as we think?

I hate to think that everything that is going to happen is already written. The thing that blew my mind though, was that when he was in the insane assylum, by mistake, he might have been the person who thought of the idea of the global virus by influencing the pharmaceutical giant's son, who in turn might have had a hand in having the head pharmacist in his father's company, in ultimately releasing the virus.

That is it though everything is already written. As the audience we're not expected to realize this...that no matter what happens nothing will change...pretty clever really, considering all the popular time travel movies of the prior decade where time travel manipulation usually results in a happy ending with a Hughie Lewis song tossed in...another mind blower...the lead scientist from the future is sitting next to the man that releases the virus on the airplane at the end of the movie.

:o :o

Holee...schhh....

(worship) (worship) (worship)

12 Monkeys rules.

I had to go back and see it for myself.....awesome

The writing..although total plot hole thing,...pure genius...

The lead scientist...The lead scientist :applause: