• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2021 at 7:45 AM, 1Cool said:

I'm not going to correct the spelling since it is much better as the mistake.

Yes :foryou: leaving it as is, is better than moving to Moulin! :banana: 

Well I'm awake now, time for coffee :download: 

On 7/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Heronext said:

I don't know much about him either, but I did note reading ASM 194 that the interior art is really cool.

From 1978-1981 he was for a time the regular penciller of  Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Thor . The former 2 listed at the time were Marvel's flagships titles.  He also did bunch of covers for various books: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Keith_Pollard/Cover_Artist

I'm big fan of his work from that era! Underrated IMHO for that time frame.  His later art was not my cup of team however.

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/21/2021 at 4:39 PM, Jeffro. said:

Pollard doesn't get nearly enough credit. His work was really solid. Not flashy and never a hot fan favorite but really good stuff. 

Agree - loved his FF, especially inked by Sinnott including 197 - 200 super nostalgic sweet spot - also Thor...and he did Cover to Nova 25 with Nebres

On 7/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, 1Cool said:

Seems to be a lot of Avengers Annual 10 (especially graded copies) selling today.  Any word on Rouge that I've not heard of?

On 7/21/2021 at 1:29 AM, divad said:

Maybeline? :roflmao:

Maybe he's born with it?

On 7/21/2021 at 4:39 PM, Jeffro. said:

Pollard doesn't get nearly enough credit. His work was really solid. Not flashy and never a hot fan favorite but really good stuff. 

Less and less sellers are breaking books out by the artists these days . . . sad, but true. :|

On 7/23/2021 at 8:23 PM, Wolverinex said:

Cerebus 1 continues to climb...4.5 raw  just sold for $2250

That was mine. Awaiting payment from the buyer but I did offer free local pickup so if I’m lucky, he’ll save us both the headache of shipping. I’m not too bothered by the possibility of him backing out based on his feedback but if he does, I would offer it here on the boards (where I got it from) and just deal with pp fees now that I have a gauge on the fmv.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:30 AM, B2D327 said:

That was mine. Awaiting payment from the buyer but I did offer free local pickup so if I’m lucky, he’ll save us both the headache of shipping. I’m not too bothered by the possibility of him backing out based on his feedback but if he does, I would offer it here on the boards (where I got it from) and just deal with pp fees now that I have a gauge on the fmv.

Have you got the moolah yet? :wishluck:

On 7/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, batmiesta said:

Have you got the moolah yet? :wishluck:

No

the buyer contacted me to tell me he had transferred the money to his PayPal after the auction ended and is just waiting for it to clear. Should know by Monday whether he’s legit or not. I’m not losing any sleep over it.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, B2D327 said:

No

the buyer contacted me to tell me he had transferred the money to his PayPal after the auction ended and is just waiting for it to clear. Should know by Monday whether he’s legit or not. I’m not losing any sleep over it.

Nice,  let us know.  I doubt you would have any trouble reselling it... there are no other copies online