• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2021 at 7:30 PM, MGsimba77 said:

So all in all I'm confident it maintains its label because I think CGC makes an educated determination with these signatures and know how to distinguish fact from fiction. 

I hear you.  The history is very cool.    I was not saying that your book must be green vs blue.  Of course, it could be blue, and would maintain blue even if re-graded.  But the interior signature would prevent a 9.8 unless it was witnessed and got a yellow label.  Otherwise its a lower blue, not 9.8.  Potential buyers who know their history (like the grader of your book as I suspect!) might accept it as a 9.8, because of the history you point out.  So no need to risk a technical downgrade, since the book could otherwise have been a 9.8 (presumably) had the sig been witnessed.  

Edited by Pantodude

On 7/31/2021 at 7:39 PM, Pantodude said:

I hear you.  The history is very cool.    I was not saying that your book must be green vs blue.  Of course, it could be blue, and would maintain blue even if re-graded.  But the interior signature would prevent a 9.8 unless it was witnessed and got a yellow label.  Otherwise its a lower blue, not 9.8.  Folks who know their history (like the grader of your book as I suspect!) might accept it as a 9.8, because of the history you point out.  So no need to risk a technical downgrade, since the book could otherwise have been a 9.8 (presumably) had the sig been witnessed.  

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah if they said - we'll send you a scan but we have to regrade it instead of just reslabbing, I would have left well enough alone and said hell no lol

On 7/31/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jeffro. said:

My understanding is that the TV story is told but the book story could be different. However, as you say why even bother finishing the books at this point?

Maybe a robust belt whipping might kindle his fire a bit.... he might even thank you for it someday. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/2/2021 at 10:14 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was wondering how long until #12 is a thing, not a lot of sales to compare really......

It's shameful that #13 has taken this long ... reminds me of  FF 53  in a lot of ways... the bulk of the Mythos occurs in the issue yet it gets none of the Props .of the 1st appearance.. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 7/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, Professor Chaos said:

Oh sure he's a billionaire. The contracts with HBO alone have probably made him that much, especially with all the new shows planned. I'm pretty sure by the way he's spoken about it that he held out for the sweetest deals he could get. And if he isn't part of the 3 Comma Club he's at least worth many hundreds of millions. 

Really?  I just checked online and they said this "George R.R. Martin is an American author and television producer who has a net worth of $120 million."

On 8/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

Really?  I just checked online and they said this "George R.R. Martin is an American author and television producer who has a net worth of $120 million."

Oh c'mon now, you can't expect to google search "How much is George RR worth?" and get a real answer. 

On 8/2/2021 at 2:33 PM, Professor Chaos said:
On 8/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

Oh c'mon now, you can't expect to google search "How much is George RR worth?" and get a real answer. 

Maybe not but as others have said, a billion seems really high. 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, gadzukes said:

Has this comic been mentioned?  Avengers 131?

Seems like a good candidate for heating up.

It's the first meeting ever of Immortus, Kang, and Rama Tut.  Seems like that would be an important moment.

Also Kang creates the "Legion of the Unliving" which brings back Wonder Man, the Original Human Torch, Midnight (Shang Chi villain), Frankenstein, Ghost (Mephisto ally), and more.

I always loved the story line that develops from this where Vision finds out his "parts" came from the original Human Torch

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6976.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Nice call!

On 8/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, gadzukes said:

Has this comic been mentioned?  Avengers 131?

Seems like a good candidate for heating up.

It's the first meeting ever of Immortus, Kang, and Rama Tut.  Seems like that would be an important moment.

Also Kang creates the "Legion of the Unliving" which brings back Wonder Man, the Original Human Torch, Midnight (Shang Chi villain), Frankenstein, Ghost (Mephisto ally), and more.

I always loved the story line that develops from this where Vision finds out his "parts" came from the original Human Torch

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6976.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Love this prediction; totally forgot that meeting.

I have been thinking #142 might be a longshot cheap bet for those who like to spec — this is the Kang story where Two-Gun Kid and Hawkeye become friends via time travel, and Two-Gun comes back to modern times with him. Hawkeye and the Two-Gun Kid just has a made for Disney+ ring to it. Might not last more than 2 seasons,  it I could see it.

But your #132 call is much safer/more likely to find renewed relevance.