• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Xenosmilus said:

This one never sold with 23 bids and was relisted at a higher price? hm shill anyone?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165019591941?ViewItem=&item=165019591941

On 8/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, Wolverinex said:

What's your guess?  Wonder why he didn't slab this first?

Not slabbing might just be a preference but would probably get more interest with verified authenticity and unrestored. A slabbed 7.5 sold for best offer asking 10k. This one looks as good but the closest raw went just under 6k in May. If the timing is right, probably 8k+ but it should go for at least 6.5k if enough serious bidders get involved. His starting price may have already scared some people away but this book isn’t for everyone, especially if they know of the counterfeits but not sure what to look for. We’ll see. 

On 8/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, topcat54 said:

This one never sold with 23 bids and was relisted at a higher price? hm shill anyone?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165019591941?ViewItem=&item=165019591941

Definitely some shenanigans there. Does have a best offer now so obviously looking to get over 3k but those fees are killing him which is probably why he didn’t have a reserve on it

On 8/22/2021 at 8:02 PM, Wolverinex said:

Raw Cerebus 1 just sold for $2,700.  Around a 6.5

After fees, not much more than the one I sold. I think timing had a lot to do with it. I may have gotten less had this one gone up for auction first since it comes up so infrequently. Interested buyers will take what they can get if they don’t expect to see another one anytime soon

On 8/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, B2D327 said:

After fees, not much more than the one I sold. I think timing had a lot to do with it. I may have gotten less had this one gone up for auction first since it comes up so infrequently. Interested buyers will take what they can get if they don’t expect to see another one anytime soon

Remind me what grade was your cerebus 1?

On 8/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, littledoom said:

I never took ASM 220 seriously but I guess it’s time to know, just about anything MK is a hot sale 

I've been grabbing them for awhile but never really put my heart into stockpiling it.  The cover is cool and it was just so cheap for so many years that it seemed like no brainer to go up eventually.  

Some recent raw BA sales worth noting :bigsmile: :