• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Okay that's fine. All I'm saying is they still deserve a mention. More information is better than less.

Yes, if there are multiple sales of the same book. One graded book selling thought could just be a hole / run filler or something else non-representative of the hobby. That's why relying on graded books is very hard to use as an indicator.

On 9/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, ygogolak said:

Yes, if there are multiple sales of the same book. One graded book selling thought could just be a hole / run filler or something else non-representative of the hobby. That's why relying on graded books is very hard to use as an indicator.

Yeah one graded book going for a good price is not noteworthy. On the other hand if you have a blowout sale of something then maybe people visiting the thread may want to know. Whether thats indicative of future trends is unknown. Maybe it impacts future activity maybe not but it shouldn't be blown off. There were consecutive auctions of HG bronze XMen slabs (some keys some not) outside Ebay this year for way above any GPA indicators. Its possible someone didn't post the information here because it's limited to Ebay. Again, people may still find that information important not having time to scour the internet for auctions going on. The silver "heating up" thread is not limited.

GSXM had its ascension outside Ebay by and large this year. Yeah that has its own thread and it's no secret. Point is alot happens outside Ebay

Edited by MGsimba77

On 9/13/2021 at 2:33 PM, comic_memories said:

It sold at a fantastic price. Ebay fantasy  asking prices and reality have to usually meet in the middle.  Still only 1 on the census  currently  and thats interesting. Black cover.

That book goes for a lot in any grade. That doesn't surprise me at all that it would go that high for the lone highest graded.

On 9/20/2021 at 4:00 AM, Macedoniagreece said:

The first He-Man and MOTU seems to have jumped quite a bit and cannot even find a low grade copy for under $100 anymore.

s-l400-53.jpg

I share that sentiment, seems another key has passed me by lol

On 9/20/2021 at 5:00 AM, Macedoniagreece said:

The first He-Man and MOTU seems to have jumped quite a bit and cannot even find a low grade copy for under $100 anymore.

s-l400-53.jpg

Almost one year ago I parted with a heavily water stained copy for $61 and was amazed at the interest in it.  I guess that buyer did ok!

On 9/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Sold mine about 7 years too early :insane:

8A2C94B4-D840-4B7E-95F0-9B39518C5D96.jpeg

:takeit::kidaround:

Still great looking copy you once had, and you might have made a profit. The he-man Netflix with Kevin Smith I hope is good, but maybe one day I'll catch a break and own this too.