• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

Strange Tales #180 @ $148 & 36 bids. Seriously. I recall buying "NM" copies back in 2007 when I was looking for a suitable CGC copy. Sucks that I sold them all. :pullhair:

And no scan of the back cover. doh!

Marvel Premiere CGC 9.2 currently @ $530 & 48 watchers. I knew this book was heating up but DAMMMmmmm! :ohnoez:

I wanted a laugh, so I just looked at the census. :roflmao: Not exactly rare in higher grades.

Neither is Hulk #181. What's your point? hm:foryou:

Wolverine is a slightly more popular character than Iron Fist, but who knows, maybe he will launch into stardom and kids will dress up like him for Halloween next year.

Marvel Premiere CGC 9.2 currently @ $530 & 48 watchers. I knew this book was heating up but DAMMMmmmm! :ohnoez:

I wanted a laugh, so I just looked at the census. :roflmao: Not exactly rare in higher grades.

Wolverine is a slightly more popular character than Iron Fist, but who knows, maybe he will launch into stardom and kids will dress up like him for Halloween next year.

It is surely less known internationally. Wolverine became popular in Italy just in the 1990s, as most of the previous material was left unpublished (we did not have a publisher from 1984 to 1987), and Iron Fist was just partially published in the Shang Chi magazine here, so a lot less popular than Wolverine mostly for that reason.

For example, the first apperance of Sabretooth in Italy is published within the pages of this book (in black and white, as all the Shang Chi series was B/W):

I1j39vBh.jpg

All I know right now is that the supply is not meeting the demand and thus the prices are increasing. So is the amount of auction watchers and bid activity. This makes me think there's really demand but why I don't know. I think someone said something about a TV series? Did I read that somewhere or am I making that up?

No, I doubt kids will dress up as him for Halloween but I don't think kids are buying these books at $500 a pop for 9.2's

And just a side note, I'm not taking offense, just stating my opinion. Sometimes text makes it hard to understand the tone of the conversation. (thumbs u

It is surely less known internationally. Wolverine became popular in Italy just in the 1990s, as most of the previous material was left unpublished (we did not have a publisher from 1984 to 1987), and Iron Fist was just partially published in the Shang Chi magazine here, so a lot less popular than Wolverine mostly for that reason.

For example, the first apperance of Sabretooth in Italy is published within the pages of this book (in black and white, as all the Shang Chi series was B/W):

I1j39vBh.jpg

Cool book! (thumbs u

Do you know which issue of Shang-Chi corresponds to that?

I’m not an expert of Shang-Chi, I have just a bunch of italians and never read them.

(I know I must pick up, but eventually I’ll buy some original books – the B/W is nice anyway). :)

That looks like the cover to MOKF #59.

I’m not an expert of Shang-Chi, I have just a bunch of italians and never read them.

(I know I must pick up, but eventually I’ll buy some original books – the B/W is nice anyway). :)

All I know right now is that the supply is not meeting the demand and thus the prices are increasing. So is the amount of auction watchers and bid activity. This makes me think there's really demand but why I don't know. I think someone said something about a TV series? Did I read that somewhere or am I making that up?

No, I doubt kids will dress up as him for Halloween but I don't think kids are buying these books at $500 a pop for 9.2's

And just a side note, I'm not taking offense, just stating my opinion. Sometimes text makes it hard to understand the tone of the conversation. (thumbs u

No offense taken (thumbs u . I actually read it as a normal conversation. There is clearly huge demand for the book right now. I think it is the Netflix series for defenders but it is not the real defenders?

Right now there are several very common bronze books with skyrocketing market prices, and I think for the vast majority of them the person caught holding the bag is going to be very unhappy.

This makes me think there's really demand but why I don't know. I think someone said something about a TV series? Did I read that somewhere or am I making that up?

I am surprised you are not aware of the TV show?

We had a whole thread at LyriaExchange?

No offense taken (thumbs u . I actually read it as a normal conversation. There is clearly huge demand for the book right now. I think it is the Netflix series for defenders but it is not the real defenders?

Right now there are several very common bronze books with skyrocketing market prices, and I think for the vast majority of them the person caught holding the bag is going to be very unhappy.

This is a trend for the next year or two as speculators(new buyers in the market this year .... guessing ex card dealers) are buying up a lot of 1st appearances driving up the market due to TV shows.

Heck if I had a nice copy it would be up for sale currently. The trick for these buyers is to convince others the books will continue to rise. Id be selling like a fiend right now if I had 9.4 or higher in these books.

The true irony of the matter is when the market saturates due the large amount of these books in high grade. They will get stuck holding the bag.

Their trick is to buy cheap and flip fast. Some will pull it off easily while others wont. We will only hear about the successes.

Edited by Fastballspecial

This makes me think there's really demand but why I don't know. I think someone said something about a TV series? Did I read that somewhere or am I making that up?

I am surprised you are not aware of the TV show?

We had a whole thread at LyriaExchange?

:grin:

This is a trend for the next year or two as speculators(new buyers in the market this year .... guessing ex card dealers) are buying up a lot of 1st appearances driving up the market due to TV shows.

Heck if I had a nice copy it would be up for sale currently. The trick for these buyers is to convince others the books will continue to rise. Id be selling like a fiend right now if I had 9.4 or higher in these books.

The true irony of the matter is when the market saturates due the large amount of these books in high grade. They will get stuck holding the bag.

Their trick is to buy cheap and flip fast. Some will pull it off easily while others wont. We will only hear about the successes.

^^

Thanks! (thumbs u

Agree on the speculators analisis. That is offputting… :sick: