• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

With a great reputation comes great auction results (worship)

I lost an auction for this book the other day it went over $87

really solid copy. I couldn't justify paying almost $90 so I gave up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161219899983?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161219899983?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I bought from that seller once, as in _once_. Returned the book. Grossly overgraded.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

I bought from that seller once, as in _once_. Returned the book. Grossly overgraded.

I'll have to look at the 4 books I bought from him closely

Thanks for the heads up

Why are these books hot??? I haven't heard anything...

No idea, but this is another one I would try to snag whenever I saw it (and it doesn't pop up often in NM) - it seems that any 20/25-cent "first appearance" is being mined hard by the speculators.

Its not an anomoly. We are going to see more of this coming in the next year.

My only hope is long time collectors realize its time to cash out their collection and do so in the next year. Valuations on books will be higher this year on types of books like the above for the next year or two. After that they will cycle down. Go out on top for once long time collectors its time to part out your high grade books over the next year or two.

I could site a long list of books from Bronze and Copper to support this, but anyone here who is actively selling already knows this.

Edited by Fastballspecial

My only hope is long time collectors realize its time to cash out their collection and do so in the next year. Valuations on books will be higher this year on types of books like the above for the next year or two. After that they will cycle down. Go out on top for once long time collectors its time to part out your high grade books over the next year or two.

I could site a long list of books from Bronze and Copper to support this, but anyone here who is actively selling already knows this.

This. :sumo: (except it's cite not site. :grin: )

This. :sumo:

I'm really curious about this. What market conditions are you seeing that make you think this?

This. :sumo:

I'm really curious about this. What market conditions are you seeing that make you think this?

Money from speculators and new collectors are pouring into our hobby in the last 2 years. They are switching from modern books to Silver/Bronze/Copper books now.(Why? because they arent making as much and the market is starting to slide downward.)

Couple of websites that are almost entirely devouted to this now. Pressing, Restoration(Okay its not restoration), Movies, and Rule of 25 have all created a perfect storm for some books. They hunt high grade 1st appearances and buy them up which in turn raises the prices for these type of books as well as low grades which I think fall more under FD's Rule of 25.

This is just my opinion and what I have seen this year in sales on ebay and at conventions. Movies and Disney are help driving it as well. We are in an upswing of the curve. IMHO

I am just trying to point out for anyone on the fence about selling off a good portion of their collection. If its high grade now might be a time to consider in the next year or two. I think its on the upswing of the market curve.

Id like to see collectors who grew up on comics like me make out like bandits since we supported this hobby for so long with not much payback. (thumbs u

Edited by Fastballspecial

The only point I would dispute above is the diminishing returns on modern speculation. I have been playing the spec game with moderns the since late 2012 and am nice returns that I pour into older keys/hot books. I am not the only one doing this. It is basically 1989 - 1993 all over again - I was in junior high and high school and too distracted by girls and sports to play that spec bubble right, but this time is a different story. lol

The only point I would dispute above is the diminishing returns on modern speculation. I have been playing the spec game with moderns the since late 2012 and am nice returns that I pour into older keys/hot books. I am not the only one doing this. It is basically 1989 - 1993 all over again - I was in junior high and high school and too distracted by girls and sports to play that spec bubble right, but this time is a different story. lol

Agree with you 100%. The profit margin for many is in more recent issues.

I could list 10 copper books that can be found in dollar bins and then sold for $100+ in CGC 9.8 and if

they aren't in 9.8 then a cheap pressing will make them so.

They are MANY flippers doing this right now with copper and moderns and yes some are rolling

the profits into older brronze and silver books that cannot be bought cheaply.

I don't see this trend diminishing for quite a while.