• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

:o:facepalm:

I guess it's time to sell my personal copy then..

Wow, that's nuts! I mean, great comic to have and lovely condition, but that kind of money?! Heck, I'd be tempted to sell my 9.4. Even at a fraction of that, I'd make some profit.

Holy chi...look at the sales curve on this one! Right off the chart! :grin:

DW1DIB4l.png

I was tempted to get it at 250, but it went from 200+ to 600 the last minute I was so upset.

Still, congrats to the buyer and seller

Well, I sold my Power Man 48 9.4 in about thirty minutes on eBay for what I thought would be a price that would attract bidders but not a BIN.

Nice! Just make sure you communicate with the buyer since you mentioned in the description its a 9.8, Im sure he/she knows, but better be safe than sorry

Well, I sold my Power Man 48 9.4 in about thirty minutes on eBay for what I thought would be a price that would attract bidders but not a BIN.

Nice! Just make sure you communicate with the buyer since you mentioned in the description its a 9.8, Im sure he/she knows, but better be safe than sorry

Ugh, thanks. I thought I corrected all those when I used sell similar from another of my listings.

Also, copies of Tomb of Dracula #10 have been trending lately. Did I miss a movie announcement? This NM copy @ $167 & 56 watchers. I've been ignoring it because I thought it was just an issue or two bumping up in price but copies keep popping up on Lyria. hm

I remember that seller name popping up as one to avoid. Is it possible this isn't legit?

Also, copies of Tomb of Dracula #10 have been trending lately. Did I miss a movie announcement? This NM copy @ $167 & 56 watchers. I've been ignoring it because I thought it was just an issue or two bumping up in price but copies keep popping up on Lyria. hm

I remember that seller name popping up as one to avoid. Is it possible this isn't legit?

And Geeks wins the kewpie doll!

Here's a link and here's another. Just two of many, many, multiple threads about these clowns.

IIRC, he/she used to sell restored/trimmed/CT-ed comics and discreetly disclosed that info only in the block of description.

Eventually stopped mentioning these touch-ups at all in the listings.

Either landed in a pile of great comics or stopped disclosing everything. :shrug:

avoid avoid avoid

look at this "9.8" ASM 300:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251707098214

and here is a "9.4" BA 12:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281488438757

boggles the mind how this guy has zero negative or neutral feedback

And Geeks wins the kewpie doll!

Here's a link and here's another. Just two of many, many, multiple threads about these clowns.

:sorry:

and here is a "9.4" BA 12:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281488438757

boggles the mind how this guy has zero negative or neutral feedback

9.4?!?! :insane:

I bet he doesn't get a lot of returns either because buyerrs are ignorant, lazy, or just don't want the hassle. Those that do return, he refunds and turns around and resells the book. It is a shame and he has been playing that game for a long time. Whether he over grades or intentionally sells restored books as unrestored, EBay is full of novice buyers that he can prey on.