• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Great looking book and I think the buyer got a good deal, even at 2x guide. Here we have the 1st appearance of a character that has been around for almost 50 years, whose alter ego (at least one of them) is featured on a TV show, and is a perennial in the DC Universe. Hard to believe the issue is worth that little to be honest. This book should be a candidate for one of the more undervalued Silver Age books.

Edited by rjrjr

I like the character, love the Ditko art and think Charltons are undervalued in general - but this book has always been so common and unwanted...until now it seems. There were a couple of copies on comic-link a few weeks ago that are gone now - and ebay is pretty barren of decent copies.I guess the market is speaking.

I like the character, love the Ditko art and think Charltons are undervalued in general - but this book has always been so common and unwanted...until now it seems. There were a couple of copies on comic-link a few weeks ago that are gone now - and ebay is pretty barren of decent copies.I guess the market is speaking.

I agree - I couldn't give my copy away a couple of years back. (shrug)

The Blue Beetle is definitely underrated and the cgc 8.5 will probably be a good long term buy. It is not his first appearence but it the first appearence of The Question which makes this such a solid long term hold. This is not terribly easy to find in high grade.

Take their money and buy more to sell! :banana:

Seriously, though, right now is a great time to be a collector/hoarder - if you have multiples of any of these books you can flip them for a great return to buy something new. (thumbs u

I cannot believe some of the ridiculous prices people are paying for these types of books. (shrug)

I don't get it either. Not even close to being the first appearance.

Even when I was 8 years old and bought it off the rack I through that book stunk

But it's the 1st appearance of Hypnotoad!

17sl2nb9l66a4gif.gif

I cannot believe some of the ridiculous prices people are paying for these types of books. (shrug)

I don't get it either. Not even close to being the first appearance.

Even when I was 8 years old and bought it off the rack I through that book stunk

But it's the 1st appearance of Hypnotoad!

17sl2nb9l66a4gif.gif

Every character Kirby mailed in drew in the 70's had bulging eyes and hysterically out of proportion hands, hard to single out the frog

I think that's a pretty silly price for a late BA book like that. When you're getting to that level, you might as well pursue BP's first appearance in FF. Even the old Jungle Action run is better than the more recent Kirby one.

Take their money and buy more to sell! :banana:

Seriously, though, right now is a great time to be a collector/hoarder - if you have multiples of any of these books you can flip them for a great return to buy something new. (thumbs u

Ive been saying this to old time Silver and Bronze Age collectors. Now is the time to cash out while its going up not later.