• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

It's better to run the search using sold items with price highest:

Cap 168 :grin:

It's better to search with newest listings first.

Uh, no it isn't. The 90-day sold window is a much better trend indicator than a "newest listings" sort. :)

Edited by divad

Yes, that's what he meant. But you have to look at the bigger picture, not just what happened in the last week (and you're not really interested in the "dinky" sales.

I'm not really interested in what something sold for 3 months ago as compared to the last two weeks.

Micronauts #8 continues to roll. ;)

Why are you sorting by highest listed? Very misleading, like someone pulling up a chart of NFLX stock 6 months ago.

Not highest listed, highest sold, and not 6 months, 90 days. :makepoint:

The most important sales are the highest ones, not the ones that fall through the cracks or poor listings.

:gossip: you can hit a little link on the left to sort to only comics.

And so can you, DF. :grin:

You post these links like you're a genius and we don't know how to use eBay and yet you get feedback on how they could be better and you tell us how dumb we are basically.

Edited by ygogolak

Why are you sorting by highest listed? Very misleading, like someone pulling up a chart of NFLX stock 6 months ago.

The most important sales are the highest ones, not the ones that fall through the cracks or poor listings.

I'd say the most important sales are the mode, or what passes for it, as anyone can get a deal or made a poor purchasing decision. If you really think the high results are what's important, then the recent sales of Turok #1 at $6 and $4.50 means that the speculators from the '90s are actually going to make money on that, and we know that that isn't going to happen.

You post these links like you're a genius and we don't know how to use eBay and yet you get feedback on how they could be better and you tell us how dumb we are basically.

You have some serious self-esteem issues . . . :grin:

What's the story with the Micronauts, Divad? Is there speculation surrounding Captain Universe? Micronauts was one of my gateway comics as a youngster.

Yep. Some serious thought that he'll be in the next GOTG movie. But hey, I just follow the crowd. I pulled out 4 copies from my long boxes and two have sold at $24 and $32, one is on hold and the last one has a $30 offer on it. For a title that I thought I might never ever sell an issue from, it's really quite amazing.

I'd say the most important sales are the mode, or what passes for it, as anyone can get a deal or made a poor purchasing decision. If you really think the high results are what's important, then the recent sales of Turok #1 at $6 and $4.50 means that the speculators from the '90s are actually going to make money on that, and we know that that isn't going to happen.

What's a "mode"? hm And have you ever sold books? lol