• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

So why did Action Comics #521 flare up around a week ago with some $40-60 sales, but now the book is trending around $15-25?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_ipg=200&_sadis=15&_samihi=&_samilow=&_udhi=&_udlo=&_stpos=&_sop=10&LH_Sold=1&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=action+comics+521

Most likely because they have announced some of the cast......and it's pretty big, but someone's clearly missing........ :gossip:

http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-cast/

Market correction...

Crappier auctions. :)

Some of the copies online are real dogs. There's more ticks than in Lyme Connecticut. Not worth the $ IMO for some.

The high grade copies are fetching more.

Plus some folks had that title on their radar before the announcement of Suicide Squad and had the pick of the litter before the rush.

I said in the other thread that I still think she is going to show up. There was an article that was on the money about all the characters that were going to show up that were confirmed today except for her.

I read it was going to be:

-Deadshot and Harkness as the male leads

-Harley and Vixen as the female leads

My gut is she hasn't been cast yet, but equally guessing she may not be in it at all. Regardless, still a nice book to have for cheap if you can find it.

Sometimes I wonder if studios try to beat each other to the big screen with their versions of analogous characters.

You know, both have an Enchantress so maybe that's why she was included...? Aquaman vs. Namor? The Quicksilvers? Just a thought.

So why did Action Comics #521 flare up around a week ago with some $40-60 sales, but now the book is trending around $15-25?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_ipg=200&_sadis=15&_samihi=&_samilow=&_udhi=&_udlo=&_stpos=&_sop=10&LH_Sold=1&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=action+comics+521

Was it on Comic Book Men?

It was on CGC chat board. :grin:

Hmm, those guys don't know what they're talking about. :insane:

Most likely because they have announced some of the cast......and it's pretty big, but someone's clearly missing........ :gossip:

http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-cast/

Waller?

Tec 474, 2nd Deadshot, 1st since GA, is absolutely scorching right now. No HG copies anywhere. Crickets on the WTB forum. This is one to pull out of the longbox if you've got one folks. Hopefully you have better luck than I did. :(

I 2nd this information.

Detective #474 CGC 9.8 @ $354 is muy bueno. Seller Top Notch Comics is always finding these amazing comics from somewhere...

And one I haven't seen on the Lyria homepage before:

Omac #1 CGC 9.8 @ $117 & 29 bids. Seems interesting... hm

Yea, that one picked up recently. White cover, Jack Kirby, 1st appearance, what's not to like?

Come to think of it, how is Sandman doing?

Bleh, nothing:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=sandman+1+kirby&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Tec 474, 2nd Deadshot, 1st since GA, is absolutely scorching right now. No HG copies anywhere. Crickets on the WTB forum. This is one to pull out of the longbox if you've got one folks. Hopefully you have better luck than I did. :(

I 2nd this information.

Detective #474 CGC 9.8 @ $354 is muy bueno. Seller Top Notch Comics is always finding these amazing comics from somewhere...

I'm glad nobody bought my Fine copy a few weeks ago for the price I was asking back then lol

I 2nd this information.

I'm glad nobody bought my Fine copy a few weeks ago for the price I was asking back then lol

Please. My scorching 9.8 copy of Micronauts 8 that I just sold in the VCC for $1 scoffs at your paltry fine Detective 474.

doh!

I 2nd this information.

Please. My scorching 9.8 copy of Micronauts 8 that I just sold in the VCC for $1 scoffs at your paltry fine Detective 474.

doh!

Why do you hate profit, Dan? Honest question.

I 2nd this information.

i couldn't sell my OO copy here for $15 until the movie was announced and then sold it here for 3x that.

Quick question, gang. Does Disney own the IP for the Micronauts themselves or only Captain Universe since he was introduced in the comics?

I am pretty sure Hasbro has/had the rights to the Micronauts themselves. They did back when JJ Abrams was trying to get a Micronauts movie made.