• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Strong movie rumors abound. ;)

I thought Psylocke was first featured on the second series of the Captain Britain magazine…

No, definitely the 1st series.

Congrats! Absolutely nuts.

I just finished reading the full run of Ms Marvel for the first time. After the first couple or so issues when Chris Claremont took over the writing, it turned into a pretty decent book.

The price for that #1 is.... :screwy:

From what I remember, it was a good book since the beginning (you can’t go wrong with Gerry Conway).

Maybe at the beginning it was somewhat "formulaic" (Carol working with JJ Jameson, the Spider-Man supporting cast), but so was Nova. They are good stuff nonetheless.

The prices… lol

From what I remember, it was a good book since the beginning (you can’t go wrong with Gerry Conway).

Maybe at the beginning it was somewhat "formulaic" (Carol working with JJ Jameson, the Spider-Man supporting cast), but so was Nova. They are good stuff nonetheless.

The prices… lol

I generally like Conway, but maybe you need to go look at those first few issues again :sick: Once Claremont came aboard the quality made a huge jump.

Surely I may have a biased perception, but generally I have my fond memories confirmed as I re-read: what I disliked as a kid is pretty bad, what I liked in general is quality material.

But I agree, as I said, the first issues, unlike it has been for Spider-Woman, felt pretty much as they followed a tried and tested formula.

Inversely, I do think Claremont didn’t get into Spider-Woman as he did with Ms. Marvel. Again, also the first issues of Nova were somewhat "dull", but then it rocked.

I still think Infantino was awesome in the later issues, although I understand many bronze readers don’t like its latter style. :)

Edited by vaillant

How exactly does Lyria obtain information on the total amount of watchers? Isn't that info only available to the seller of the auction? Are the books in the "Most Watched" section of Lyria pulled from every comic listing on ebay or more selectively from a smaller pool of data?

Whetton,

Why didn't you tell us you were in trouble with eBay?? Looks like Lyria Comic Exchange is being shut down!!

http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1611

A good rule of thumb that I live by is never believe anything said to you on April 1st. :makepoint:

How exactly does Lyria obtain information on the total amount of watchers? Isn't that info only available to the seller of the auction? Are the books in the "Most Watched" section of Lyria pulled from every comic listing on ebay or more selectively from a smaller pool of data?

I am only given what eBay api allows. There is one api call that lets me see the number of watchers on auctions in a particular category.

The books in the "Most Watched" section are pulled based on the category that is selected. So if you select the "All Ages" category than it will be of all comics in any age. If you select the "Modern Age" category than it will only be a listing of the most watched modern age comics.

I am only given what eBay api allows. There is one api call that lets me see the number of watchers on auctions in a particular category.

The books in the "Most Watched" section are pulled based on the category that is selected. So if you select the "All Ages" category than it will be of all comics in any age. If you select the "Modern Age" category than it will only be a listing of the most watched modern age comics.

That’s not what I meant. Let’s say I’m selling a Bronze item with 55 views and 18 watchers. If you are sampling every comic listed on ebay in the Bronze age to obtain your data, shouldn't my item be in your Bronze Most Watched list?

That’s not what I meant. Let’s say I’m selling a Bronze item with 55 views and 18 watchers. If you are sampling every comic listed on ebay in the Bronze age to obtain your data, shouldn't my item be in your Bronze Most Watched list?

Due to the way I have to filter results thanks to eBay's api I'm forced to look for raw books that have NM in the title. That's an unfortunate side effect. So if you have enough watchers to be in the top 25 and NM in the title than yes.

Edited by whetteon