• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

It looks like the new Black Panther comic this week caused a quick bump for the original solo series.

Black Panther #1

Not huge. Yet. The book had a bump a bit back. I do like seeing that it has gone beyond just #1.

Some of those Marvel Premieres later on have some snazzy covers and topics.

Yes, it's a wave book for sure. Went up with the movie announcement. Probably some with Civil War. I think a little now. Will go back down then up a couple more times I'm sure.

Kiind of a neat idea actually, especially with the sigs that are on it.

I actually agree, lol ...

You get to see the ad, and it has sigs. To each their own.

Really cool and I raise my beer for someone who thought outside of the longbox. Cheers to capitalism! Y'know it's not like Trimpe is signing any more of these, nobody else can say "I think I'll do that too!"

At least the seller had the sense to get more than one of 'em done. Here's another:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Premiere-19-Hulk-181-AD-Page-Only-1st-Wolverine-CGC-SS-Wein-Trimpe-/281991543015?hash=item41a80178e7:g:-RwAAOSw--1Wtl9X

I think Thor 229 is the book to get signed... 1st Wolverine, Ghost Rider stamp, AND a flying Thor! This guy missed the boat. Get them while you can!

9yJCxrXl.jpg

Really cool and I raise my beer for someone who thought outside of the longbox. Cheers to capitalism! Y'know it's not like Trimpe is signing any more of these, nobody else can say "I think I'll do that too!"

At least the seller had the sense to get more than one of 'em done. Here's another:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Premiere-19-Hulk-181-AD-Page-Only-1st-Wolverine-CGC-SS-Wein-Trimpe-/281991543015?hash=item41a80178e7:g:-RwAAOSw--1Wtl9X

And another.....

And another.....

doh! Stop the world. I want to get off

And another.....

Could be worse... It could be missing the VS

And another.....

Could be worse... It could be missing the VS

Yeah that would be a low-down dirty shame. :boo:

Holy mess! :o

Franky #15 9.8

When i see books like this sell at that sort of price it makes me wonder is it because its a 9.8 and other issues in 9.8 will also command those prices in that respective title or is it only certain issues because they have what is regarded as better covers. its very difficult to gage.

Franky #15 9.8

When i see books like this sell at that sort of price it makes me wonder is it because its a 9.8 and other issues in 9.8 will also command those prices in that respective title or is it only certain issues because they have what is regarded as better covers. its very difficult to gage.

A few factors play in a book getting a price like this.

Scarcity in 9.8. Not to many of these floating around.

Artwork and artist. One of the better covers in the run.

How many need it for their set.

Franky #15 9.8

A few factors play in a book getting a price like this.

Scarcity in 9.8. Not to many of these floating around.

Artwork and artist. One of the better covers in the run.

How many need it for their set.

And as an aside, many of us stopped picking up the title when Ploog stopped. ;)

Just sold an All-Star #58 for a ridiculous amount on Amazon.

What does it mean?

I dont know

But a quick search showed this

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/10/flash-fans-are-reading-in-between-the-lines-and-finding-power-girl/

Poked around pricing on these today and was shocked. Time to sell or cool heels and wait for the TV adaptation? Does this book have legs for the long haul?