• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

better than AOS

Yes, it is...but most are. Jessica Jones was good. Kept my attention. I really liked Daredevil. This CAGE just doesn't do it for me. Colter, the guy that plays Cage, sounds like he's Ivy League educated and acts like he really likes puppies and flowers...no edge to him.

Haven't see cage on Netflix yet but guess I need to

Unfortunately, the show is not that great.

I fully expect you to make comments like this . . . time and time again. lol

Really? Because I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've said something like this.

one, two . . . lol

I have to agree with rjrjr...the show stinks. I typically suspend all expectations with funny book movies/TV shows and come out very entertained, but I can't seem to do that with Cage. (shrug)

A comic book friend of mine said he felt it was the best comic book adaptation he's ever seen. I have to imagine he never read the comics.

I'm only two episodes in and the wife has already lost interest and I'm still waiting for something interesting to happen. (shrug)

Cage is pretty damn good, only watched the first episode fo far and I am digging it.

I think the people who are saying it's awful are probably the same sort that got their panties bunched up over DOJ and Suicide Squad.Cage is no West World, not all that cetebral but if you like film noir-ish stuff, you'll appreciate Cage for what it is.

FWIW, I thought Jessica Jones was also very good.

The only other comic shows I like/watch are Preacher, Lucifer and IZombie i.e. not typical super hero trite.

I think the people who are saying it's awful are probably the same sort that got their panties bunched up over DOJ and Suicide Squad.

Nope...I generally like everything Marvel puts out there...silver screen and Netflix.

I think the people who are saying it's awful are probably the same sort that got their panties bunched up over DOJ and Suicide Squad.

Nope...I generally like everything Marvel puts out there...silver screen and Netflix.

Totally agree with AGGIEZ. And CAK, did you ever consider the people who are saying it's awful are saying that because it truly is, and those people can recognize bad acting and poor writing when they see it?

Totally agree with AGGIEZ. And CAK, did you ever consider the people who are saying it's awful are saying that because it truly is, and those people can recognize bad acting and poor writing when they see it?

No.

No.

I'm going to have to agree. I have not delved into it yet, but it has received pretty good reviews from sources who actually do reviews for a living.

No.

I'm going to have to agree. I have not delved into it yet, but it has received pretty good reviews from sources who actually do reviews for a living.

OPINIONS...

empati.jpg

Er'body has them.

I don't share my opinion for a living...just on the funny book message boards and occasionally on social media. BUT, I know what I like and what I don't like.

No.

Ygogolak, probably should watch it before you side with the critics. My point is that the acting and writing are poor across the board for this show, and many of the reviews I've read have focused on the community-aspect of the story and the unique music, but personally the strength of those aspects doesn't change the fact that it has really awful acting and writing.

My reply to CAK was in reference to the fact that I'm not a DOJ or Suicide Squad hater, and there are other legit reasons to not like the Luke Cage series.

Explain this one to me - why is the only character Marvel has brought to the small or big screen to have two families at the same time black?

hm? hm

Now lets go to the rap conjectures.

"this is the land of ASAP Rocky" and the biggie smalls poster? Are you kidding me?

That is new york rap apparently? Some guy that released three albums that are half POP and a guy sponsored by Ralph Lauren? And they thinking putting Method Man there in the last few episodes makes all of that ok? NO.

Luke Cake was a pandering back of garbage. I watched every episode and enjoyed it. But the plot was terrible and EMBRACED racist stereotypes.

Also the acting was terrible.

And Faith Evans. Why are they going to talk about ASAP Rocky and how big he is in Harlem? (he isn't) while pushing cameos from Faith Evans and artwork of BIG while ignoring Harlem World or any other Puff Daddy property or Nas or the Sugar Hills Gang or Grand Master Flash?

Because they didn't care about content, plot or -script exploration. They just put things in they thought were "cool".

Ygogolak, probably should watch it before you side with the critics. My point is that the acting and writing are poor across the board for this show, and many of the reviews I've read have focused on the community-aspect of the story and the unique music, but personally the strength of those aspects doesn't change the fact that it has really awful acting and writing.

My reply to CAK was in reference to the fact that I'm not a DOJ or Suicide Squad hater, and there are other legit reasons to not like the Luke Cage series.

So you're stating that it's the reverse effect of the Suicide Squad review as was led on in the other thread about the show? In other words, it's about agendas and not content?

Explain this one to me - why is the only character Marvel has brought to the small or big screen to have two families at the same time black?

hm? hm

Now lets go to the rap conjectures.

"this is the land of ASAP Rocky" and the biggie smalls poster? Are you kidding me?

That is new york rap apparently? Some guy that released three albums that are half POP and a guy sponsored by Ralph Lauren? And they thinking putting Method Man there in the last few episodes makes all of that ok? NO.

Luke Cake was a pandering back of garbage. I watched every episode and enjoyed it. But the plot was terrible and EMBRACED racist stereotypes.

Also the acting was terrible.

According to Facebook, it seems that nearly all of my African American friends and from high school (I am from NYC) love the show. For whatever that's worth. I don't have Netflix right now, so I have not formed an opinion.

Edited by the blob