• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jaeldubyoo said:

You'd have to be awfully naive to think that Wolverine will remain dead. Few die in comics and never come back, especially major characters. He's as dead as Superman was. There is no way he'll remain dead for long. He'll be back.

I'm sure he'll be back. I have to admit, I didn't expect he would be dead for this long

On 3/3/2017 at 4:35 PM, Chadwick said:

Pretty sure this is the reading order, I think there's some DD books too, but this is a good place to start.

Iron Man 55
Captain Marvel 25
Captain Marvel 26
Captain Marvel 27
Captain Marvel 28
Captain Marvel 29
Captain Marvel 30
Marvel Feature 12
Captain Marvel 31
Captain Marvel 32
Avengers 125
Captain Marvel 33
Warlock 9
Warlock 10
Warlock 11
Warlock 15
Avengers Annual 7
Two in One annual 2

Ummmm Strange Tales 178-181?

I realize Thanos isn't in them, but there important parts of the forthcoming Thanos saga

Edited by Lonzilla

14 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

I realize Thanos isn't in them, but there important parts of the forthcoming Thanos saga

It's a shame that these great stories weren't reprinted in the Avengers vs Thanos trade paperback. Maybe they should've chosen a different name for the collection in order to make it all-inclusive?

36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

HG copies have not been easy to find. I slabbed one about a year ago that came back 9.8 and sold it for ( at the time ) a GPA high. I've been looking for 9.8 candidates since and have had no luck 2c

15 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

HG copies have not been easy to find. I slabbed one about a year ago that came back 9.8 and sold it for ( at the time ) a GPA high. I've been looking for 9.8 candidates since and have had no luck 2c

Thanks for the info. I'll throw it on my list along with the others mentioned in this thread. I just added New Mutants Annual #1 to that list today.

On 3/12/2017 at 7:10 PM, Lonzilla said:

Ya they're great books. I highly recommend them if you're reading Warlock.

11 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Ya they're great books. I highly recommend them if you're reading Warlock.

The Magus story from Strange Tales continues in Warlock 9 to 11 and also adds Thanos. I certainly believe that they should be included in any collected edition of Starlin's work here, not excluded as they were from the most recent trade paperback.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Kamandi, eh? hm  They just released a new run or something didn't they?

Yes, that sale is over two months old.

Oh yes, I forgot, recent for you is the last time you choked the chicken . . . :kidaround:

I can't help it with you youngsters.:)

Edited by divad

I will agree though current high grade bronze slabbed and unslabbed do very well in a BIN format as long as your pricing is in the ballpark. If its not then the book will sit for months waiting for someone to come along.

I can tell you my local shop has no problem selling high grade late bronze early copper. I wish I would have bought more from the last collection I saw come in which was pretty nice, but I tend to focus now on non keys where I don't have to put up so much initial cash.

Edited by fastballspecial

10 minutes ago, divad said:

Yes, that sale is over two months old.

Oh yes, I forgot, recent for you is the last time you choked the chicken . . . :kidaround:

I can't help it with you youngsters.:)

BURN!

The reason that's relevant is because that new series came out that month and there is a chance that's why there was interest in it. That time has now passed. There's two pedigree books that got some nice change raw. Graded at 9.6 and 9.8.

On 3/7/2017 at 0:53 PM, the blob said:

Anyway, I'm happy to make the money and unless I am selling here my margins are pretty darn good, but given that I rarely spend more than 3 for $10 (and am usually hunting the $1-$2 boxes) I know they will not be replaced unless I just get lucky, so that's the flip side.  I may be cherry picking myself.

I think as a seller your always Cherry Picking yourself ! lol

David

Davidking623

25 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

BURN!

The reason that's relevant is because that new series came out that month and there is a chance that's why there was interest in it. That time has now passed. There's two pedigree books that got some nice change raw. Graded at 9.6 and 9.8.

Warner Bros would probably find a way to blow it, but Kamandi is so ripe for picking as the next dystopian film adaptation...Not saying pay top dollar for the books; I juat think it's one of those comics properties that's far from fully mined in the comics medium, let alone others. 

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Warner Bros would probably find a way to blow it, but Kamandi is so ripe for picking as the next dystopian film adaptation...Not saying pay top dollar for the books; I juat think it's one of those comics properties that's far from fully mined in the comics medium, let alone others. 

I agree. I went back and read the series start to finish . . .kind of like Netflix as I have every issue through the Kirby tribute ish. I have to say  I really enjoyed it.  The buyer btw is a regular customer who I doubt had any interest in the "news" but that I know is a a "pure" collector.

11 hours ago, divad said:

I agree. I went back and read the series start to finish . . .kind of like Netflix as I have every issue through the Kirby tribute ish. I have to say  I really enjoyed it.  The buyer btw is a regular customer who I doubt had any interest in the "news" but that I know is a a "pure" collector.

what issue is the Kirby tribute issue?