• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2017 at 4:52 PM, Chadwick said:

I think they are both insanely talented creators, in the HOF for sure. And it can argue'd about who did what for the industry and who did whatelse, but at the end of the day I gotta go back to the art and these 2 things, for me:

1) Who did the most iconic covers

2) Who did the most epic story arcs

They each have great examples in both 2c 

I collect both so I'll all good. :busy:

This ongoing Adams vs. Starlin debate is exactly the type of things that keeps me on this board.  Not the "9.6 vs. 9.8" conversations. Not the "what's a better investment- A or B ??"   And certainly not the newest, hottest, "get 'em before the movie is announced" conversations. 

As a matter of fact, it's going to drag me down to the collection room and drag out the "Warlock" issues I haven't cracked out in at least 20 years, and the "Captain Marvel" set I mindlessly completed, but never sat down to read...

Thanks all !!  :)

17 hours ago, MediumLover said:

Yes, Prime was created from The living planet, and is a different being.

Curious to see how the movie handles the character.

Prime was created from a piece of the planet. However, as was just stated, the movie is using the human form vs. the planet form.

On 3/2/2017 at 1:26 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Star-Lord's supposed to be related to him.

Ego is Star Lords dad in the movies.

17 hours ago, hippiecop1 said:

This ongoing Adams vs. Starlin debate is exactly the type of things that keeps me on this board.  Not the "9.6 vs. 9.8" conversations. Not the "what's a better investment- A or B ??"   And certainly not the newest, hottest, "get 'em before the movie is announced" conversations. 

As a matter of fact, it's going to drag me down to the collection room and drag out the "Warlock" issues I haven't cracked out in at least 20 years, and the "Captain Marvel" set I mindlessly completed, but never sat down to read...

Thanks all !!  :)

I'd love to be at this age and read that glorious CM run for the very first time. I envy the experience you're going to have

1 hour ago, Lonzilla said:

I'd love to be at this age and read that glorious CM run for the very first time. I envy the experience you're going to have

What run are you talking about? I've never read any of the CM books.

1 hour ago, AGGIEZ said:

What run are you talking about? I've never read any of the CM books.

Pretty sure this is the reading order, I think there's some DD books too, but this is a good place to start.

Iron Man 55
Captain Marvel 25
Captain Marvel 26
Captain Marvel 27
Captain Marvel 28
Captain Marvel 29
Captain Marvel 30
Marvel Feature 12
Captain Marvel 31
Captain Marvel 32
Avengers 125
Captain Marvel 33
Warlock 9
Warlock 10
Warlock 11
Warlock 15
Avengers Annual 7
Two in One annual 2

Not starlin books, but thanos also has a one panel cameo in Avengers 118 (I think, some issue around there), a solo story in Logan's Run 7, rides the Thanos Copter and gets beaten by a 12 year old in Spidey Super Stories 34 (?)..I forget the issue

Logan's Run 7 is the only one that really adds to the Thanos ethos.

Edited by the blob

Logan's Run 6 is a fairly slight and forgettable story, with some okay Zeck artwork.

23 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Pretty sure this is the reading order, I think there's some DD books too, but this is a good place to start.

Iron Man 55
Captain Marvel 25
Captain Marvel 26
Captain Marvel 27
Captain Marvel 28
Captain Marvel 29
Captain Marvel 30
Marvel Feature 12
Captain Marvel 31
Captain Marvel 32
Avengers 125
Captain Marvel 33
Warlock 9
Warlock 10
Warlock 11
Warlock 15
Avengers Annual 7
Two in One annual 2

Daredevil 105 and 107.

21 hours ago, the blob said:

Not starlin books, but thanos also has a one panel cameo in Avengers 118 (I think, some issue around there), a solo story in Logan's Run 7, rides the Thanos Copter and gets beaten by a 12 year old in Spidey Super Stories 34 (?)..I forget the issue

Logan's Run 7 is the only one that really adds to the Thanos ethos.

Logans Run 6 and SSS 39

On 3/3/2017 at 6:52 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Logan's Run 6 is a fairly slight and forgettable story, with some okay Zeck artwork.

It is short, but I actually found it far more memorable than 99% of the comics I have read.

On 3/3/2017 at 3:52 PM, Ken Aldred said:

2 hours ago, the blob said:

It is short, but I actually found it far more memorable than 99% of the comics I have read.

I liked it too - it breaks the proscenium if I recall correctly. (thumbsu And isn't it Perez on the Thanos short? hm

Edited by divad

I thought it was spoiled by the use of the 'if I hadn't done this I'd be just as bad as the villain' trope when I read it again recently.

Mike Zeck drew it.  Actually the first time I'd seen his comic art. 

Perez drew the Logan's Run film adaptation.

Edited by Ken Aldred

The story in logans 6 could fit anywhere in the drax/thanos saga, no? I think it's a fine story to show their dynamic, Thanos is a world ending megalomaniac and Drax has no other meaning than to stop Thanos. 

It's the most basic story you can conceive about their relationship. Drax is inches from saving the last flower and then Thanos leaves for more destruction elsewhere, while Drax follows. 

I'm all more Thanos so I didn't hate it. 

As for the Drax cliched lines, doesn't his character only say what's on his mind at all times? Or is that only a gotg thing? His dialogue should be a little cliched at times. 2c