• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, 1Cool said:

There must be some news about Skyhawk since I had a run last night on Defenders 27s.

Still don't get why Defenders #27 isn't labeled as 1st appearance of Starhawk in cameo and Defenders #28 isn't labeled as 1st full appearance of Starhawk. There is little mention of Starhawk on the labels of those books. I got this one back from CGC last week...no mention of Starhawk on the CGC label.

I know...buy the book, not the label...but most of us are OCD...so there's that

33563483091_550fe2abe5_h.jpg

Edited by AGGIEZ

16 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

Still don't get why Defenders #27 isn't labeled as 1st appearance of Starhawk in cameo and Defenders #28 isn't labeled as 1st full appearance of Starhawk. There is little mention of Starhawk on the labels of those books. I got this one back from CGC last week...no mention of Starhawk on the CGC label.

I was wondering the same thing, plus what is the first CGC Damage Control book? It will effect price

Damage Control is definitely a copper age creation.  Also, just because they might mention Damage Control in a movie I wouldn't hold my breath for people to go out and feel enthused about buying the first appearance of a behind the scenes clean up crew.  Just my 2cents though.

Will be interesting to see if Stallone will be involved in the Avengers Infinity War movies. 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

IMG_3517.JPG

Movies are changing collecting a lot. Character like Starhawk and Damage Control held no real interest to me because I felt they were under developed. But in the hands of an actor like Stallone and a director like Gunn they can become more. I'm excited to see where they go.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, AGGIEZ said:

I forgot to mention this is a sweet copy. A very nice 9.0 do you have the grader notes on this?

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, Grib said:

Movies are changing collecting a lot. Character like Starhawk and Damage Control held no real interest to me because I felt they were under developed. But in the hands of an actor like Stallone and a director like Gunn they can become more. I'm excited to see where they go.

I agree they are changing the viewpoints on 1st appearances as well. For some that were invested say in a 1st full app of some character this change might actually hurt them. To me its ridiculous, but when get enough new collectors forking out money they will change the market eventually.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, AGGIEZ said:

CGC has changed the notations on the labels of Defenders 27 and 28 recently, now showing 27 as the 1st appearance.

00161472394000081215881008.jpg

14 hours ago, drbanner said:

CGC has changed the notations on the labels of Defenders 27 and 28 recently, now showing 27 as the 1st appearance.

I don't know that they've changed 28...unless they've done it in the past few weeks. I just got this one back from CGC.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:02 AM, quillandtankard said:

CGC is only recognizig #27 as the 1st appearance.

The "other" company is notating #27 as Cameo and #28 as 1st Full.

The "other" company had it correct then...(thumbsu

On 4/15/2017 at 8:19 PM, Bronx said:

It's going to be one of those characters where you need to own both books 27 & 28.  

EH, maybe. I see this like Hulk #180 and #181. As a 1st appearance collector, and Wolverine fan, I don't have a big draw to owning #180 but some do...just not me.