• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

#3 is her origin. A really unfortunate origin that saddled her with decades of baggage, but this is where it started. The whole "can't sleep with men or she loses her abilities" was not present in her earlier appearances. 

That makes sense.  I've got Conan 23 & 24, Savage Sword #1, and the whole run of Kull & the Barbarians, so I'm in good shape in any case.

2 hours ago, Eddragon said:

This one pains me as I sold a 9.8 in 2014 for peanuts compared to this recent sale price 😭😭😭

I hear you! I got top of the market for mine in around 2011, but it helped me get a grail, so it was well worth it.

1 minute ago, Crimebuster said:
26 minutes ago, divad said:

23 is a lame first appearance

If I recall correctly, she's on 6 pages. The story in 24 is better, sure, but 23 is still a full first appearance and then some. 

Yawn - you have to hunt her down even after you read it . . . 

1 hour ago, divad said:

Yawn - you have to hunt her down even after you read it . . . 

Maybe I can help. For instance, in this sequence from issue #23:

2012217207_ConanTheBarbarian023-p15_02.thumb.jpg.780f70a69a3fe9eff71a89b006b360aa.jpg

...Red Sonja is the character busting through the gate at the head of an army while screaming that her name is Red Sonja. 

18 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Maybe I can help. For instance, in this sequence from issue #23:

2012217207_ConanTheBarbarian023-p15_02.thumb.jpg.780f70a69a3fe9eff71a89b006b360aa.jpg

...Red Sonja is the character busting through the gate at the head of an army while screaming that her name is Red Sonja. 

So . . . two panels and a Conan up-skirt glance.  I stand corrected. zzz

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. People asked what Red Sonja's first appearance is, probably because there are a bunch of hucksters on eBay claiming that 24 is either her first appearance or first full appearance when in fact it's neither. I'm trying to give them the correct information which is that 23 is her first appearance and her first full appearance. I don't know why you're trying to obfuscate this fact.

Okay, apparently you don't like the story in #23. So what.

Edited by Crimebuster