• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

Swamp Thing #1 is getting a lot of bids but this is NOT a 9.2 :facepalm:

Uncanny X-Men #142 FN @ $13.50 - Not bad, not bad.

Defenders #13 @ $37 - maybe because it is such a high grade?

Detective Comics #420 @ $28 - because its NM and its Neal.

Superman vs Spider-Man @ $22 - a fan favorite.

Lyria Exchange Most Watched Bronze Age Comics

Nice price on the Swampie 1. I don't think it's a 9.2 either, but in theory CGC has given books like that a 9.2. I had a cgc 9.4 ASM 300 with at least 5 or 6 spine ticks like that.

$25 for the mid-grade X-Men 142? Jeez, I sold a gorgeous copy about 2 years ago and only got $25.

Defenders 13...well, JScomics always gets a premium. they're pretty good graders overall. some of the early defenders, I guess maybe into the late 20s, have been pretty undervalued in the market for a while. and remember, early in the title there was a fair amount of star power with hulk, silver surfer, namor, etc., almost on par with some of the avengers lineups of the day. it wasn't until later that the title became a haven for 3rd tier characters hanging out with the hulk (and then even later, no hulk at all). i wonder how defenders sales compared to avengers sales in the first 2 or so years of the title?

that's because it's Maniac Frank's listing

Edited by paperheart

Daredevil #111 is on fire right now.

A 9.8 copy was listed yesterday for almost $800 and went within hours.

Anything 9.0 and up is starting to get big money!

Who still thinks Hollywood doesn`t influence the keys?

Anybody?

Did anyone ever doubt it? (shrug)

Anybody?

Did anyone ever doubt it? (shrug)

Sure they influence the price around movie time but I'm less inclined to believe that it will be a sustainable price increase. In 3 years time these things normally level back out to what the comic book collectors are willing to pay instead of speculators.

As for the link to the $800 111 that sold I stand corrected. For some reason if I search ebay I cant find it, but if I search Google I can and its still for sale. I just assumed it was sold as I couldn't see it anymore and wasn't watching it.

Ebay 9.8 #111 link

They may balance out after the fact, but if you can get in on something before the rush you are in a position to make a fair bit of money, if you can unload it before that balance.

Hulk 271 comes to mind as a perfect example. Close to $200 for a 9.8 now. I think raw NM ones were going for about $10 lol

Anybody?

Did anybody ever think that? This effect has been in place for decades.

Anybody?

Did anybody ever think that? This effect has been in place for decades.

Believe me I had some board members pm me and say that Hollywood plays no part in if a comic book gets hot or in their LONG-TERM POPULARITY.

I guess they never factored in why Superman,Batman and Wonder Woman have survived most of their golden age counterparts.

superman-dvd.jpg

1300285.jpg

Batman_1960s.jpg

ht_christian_bale_batman_dark_knight_rises_lpl_120723_wg.jpg

WonderWomanLyndaCarter.jpg

I guess I missed something with this issue.

listing

I think the seller drank a bunch of that Canadian whiskey. :screwy:

:roflmao:

did you check out some of his other auctions?

This is the same guy that had been listing his Sgt Rock 329 AND 330 as Whitman variants. I told him they were not whitman variants and not NM. He told me he used the guide and they checked out. There's just no educating some people...

I guess I missed something with this issue.

listing

I think the seller drank a bunch of that Canadian whiskey. :screwy:

:roflmao:

did you check out some of his other auctions?

This is the same guy that had been listing his Sgt Rock 329 AND 330 as Whitman variants. I told him they were not whitman variants and not NM. He told me he used the guide and they checked out. There's just no educating some people...

I asked him where did he get these grades and prices. I also pointed out that if he was going to ask these prices he needed to upgrade is camera or get a scanner. I also may have mentioned that these are no where near worth what he was asking.

I'm seeing movement on Nova #1. Not sustainable $$ movement like Iron Man #55 but just a small roar. Looks like books are starting to movie quietly on eBay. I find that fascinating because the new Marvel Now Nova #1 suppose to be really good and I'm thinking people are buying these now with anticipation to flip later. hm

I'm seeing movement on Nova #1. Not sustainable $$ movement like Iron Man #55 but just a small roar. Looks like books are starting to movie quietly on eBay. I find that fascinating because the new Marvel Now Nova #1 suppose to be really good and I'm thinking people are buying these now with anticipation to flip later. hm

I think I might pick up a copy myself. I wouldn't mind putting one in my collection and I've got a hunch it's probably better to buy one sooner rather than later.

Nova is pretty awesome. Hopefully Loeb can do something with him.