• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

It's close to the GPA 12 mo average for 8.0, and right at the last sale for an 8.0.

However, this book does have some "break out" sales here and there. A 6.0 sold for $300 on July 30, 2012. And 8.0's have gone as high as $600 in years past.

It's a strong sale, for sure. And while the front cover looks much nicer than 6.0, the back cover is showing some pretty substantial staining.

It is an aggressive price,but a book like that is not as prevalent in higher grades.I have a couple,one in 9.2 and a raw 9.4ish.

Sell me one of your copies. :baiting: No hoarding. :preach:

Took me a long time to find those. ;) Just like the Bats 227,it's one of those books that you can basically throw out GPA.

When will Overstreet realize the huge bump that book gets just for showing up? (shrug)

Also, can't believe Dr. Wertham, himself, was the guy to sell it?!?

Is the ASM Annual 5 with the Stridex ad on the back a variant or a second print and does anyone expect this book to see a significant increase in price due to the strong possibility of Peter Parker's parent being a central component of the next film?

Its a reprint/second print one of the JCPenny catalog books from the 90s.

Amazing Spider-Man #238 in vf/nm @ $75 & 2 bids.

Daredevil #168 in nm @ $57+ & 9 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #135 in nm @ $60 & 5 bids.

Werewolf by Night #32 in vf/nm @ $56 & 9 bids.

Stephen King's Creep Show Comic Book @ $36 & 14 bids

Plus Jonah Hex #1, Hulk #271 & Captain Marvel 31 all here for your viewing pleasure. :grin:

Plus Jonah Hex #1, Hulk #271 & Captain Marvel 31 all here for your viewing pleasure. :grin:

Is the seller of the Spiderman # 135 to be avoided? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Is the seller of the Spiderman # 135 to be avoided? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

No, I think you are right on that one. The name rings that familiar, hate in the pit of my gut, feeling. hm

1975 Marvel Preview #2 vf/nm @ $26 & 23 bids.

Wonder Woman #200 @ $24 & 13 bids.

Ms. Marvel #1 @ $31 & 12 bids.

Superman #233 vf/nm @ $22 & 9 bids.

See more results anytime. (thumbs u

I wonder why Superman #233 is taking off? hm

It's always dome ok.

Classic Iconic Neal Adams cover. Sorta key, where all the Kryptonite on earth gets turned to iron.

1975 Marvel Preview #2 vf/nm @ $26 & 23 bids.

Wonder Woman #200 @ $24 & 13 bids.

Ms. Marvel #1 @ $31 & 12 bids.

Superman #233 vf/nm @ $22 & 9 bids.

See more results anytime. (thumbs u

I wonder why Superman #233 is taking off? hm

It's always dome ok.

Classic Iconic Neal Adams cover. Sorta key, where all the Kryptonite on earth gets turned to iron.

Agreed. (thumbs u

The bidder in that auction, i***j is basically bumping his own book. They have a 53% bid activity with that seller and only 10 feedback so yeah, scamming their own auction. How the other people got involved once it passed $40 is anyone's guess.

I have issues #1-5 in NM+ condition and I could never get anyone interested enough when selling them for $10 an issue on these boards. I was pretty excited to see it go up to $30. lol. (shrug)

Edited by whetteon