• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I saw a Marvel Premiere 47 about a 9.2 raw priced at 140 at a con today. :ohnoez:

Why? It's not even his first solo run, that was like 10 years earlier.

Scott Lang is the rumored Ant-Man in the upcoming film and it's his first appearance.

just goes to show how i haven't been paying attention and I even read all my comics back i the late 70s and early 80s.

There are lots of different rumours about who will be the movie Ant Man, some say Hank Pym, some Scott Lang and some Eric O'Grady.

I saw a Marvel Premiere 47 about a 9.2 raw priced at 140 at a con today. :ohnoez:

Scott Lang is the rumored Ant-Man in the upcoming film and it's his first appearance.

just goes to show how i haven't been paying attention and I even read all my comics back i the late 70s and early 80s.

There are lots of different rumours about who will be the movie Ant Man, some say Hank Pym, some Scott Lang and some Eric O'Grady.

i went through all 20 boxes i had looked through for GOG and thanos books and, of course, this marvel premiere was in the LAST box i went through, though i did find 3 coies of Nova 1 in my search and some more GOGs I had missed as well as another thor 225 (although i'm guessing the whole firelord thing has cooled off, right?)

What's going on here? A bit surprising.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOVA-1-1976-CGC-9-0-Autographed-Origin-Issue-1st-App-NOVA-No-Reserve-/360573610716?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53f3dcaadc

A Nova 1 CGC SS 9.2 with Stan Lee's sig went for $125ish the other week. Not sure what the deal is here...

that's crazy. marv wolfman adds $100+ to the value?

i went through all 20 boxes i had looked through for GOG and thanos books and, of course, this marvel premiere was in the LAST box i went through, though i did find 3 coies of Nova 1 in my search and some more GOGs I had missed as well as another thor 225 (although i'm guessing the whole firelord thing has cooled off, right?)

Thor # 225 always sells for more than the surrounding issues.

Dr Strange #1 @ $90 & 1 bid.

Marvel Team-Up #3 @ $57 & 7 bids.

Bjiou #1 @ $50 & 9 bids.

Avengers #93 @ $44 & 7 bids.

Batman #387 @ $37 & 11 bids.

Captain Marvel #25 @ $10 & 6 bids with 25 watchers! :o

Gotta laugh at the Avengers # 93 description "nice copy, maybe as High as 9.4". lol

Bjiou #1 @ $50 & 9 bids.

Gotta laugh at the Avengers # 93 description "nice copy, maybe as High as 9.4". lol

I'd give that comic an 8.0 maybe..

Bjiou #1 @ $50 & 9 bids.

WTF re: Batman #387 auction?

#357. My bad. doh!

Is #357 going for that much now as well? I will have to snag some from the LCSs then.

Team-Up #3 was underrated. The first four Morbius stories almost read as a whole, so if ASM #101 is so sought after, it’s understandable #102 and MTU #3-4 have more attention. Plus, it’s really tough to find centered copies of MTU #3, without the lettering below half-cut.

How do you visualize the auctions number of watchers?

Edited by vaillant

I don't understand why Daredevil 111 is a surprise.

I'm the jerk went and bought five HG copies five years ago on the assumption that Silver Samurai would be the villain in the first solo Wolverine flick (oops!)

What I discovered is that it was fairly hard to find even then, and I never even managed a CGC 9.6 or 9.8. Paid what I considered a very strong $55 for a CGC 9.4. I just assumed that all the dealers were thinking along my lines and had sucked up the copies then--so I just figured folks here would be rolling in them by now--having bought up the copies before little ol' me got to them.