• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

ASM 265 worth picking up on the cheap?

Has Marvel announced plans for Silver Sable?

Sony announced it is doing a female superhero movie before ASM 3. Might be Black Cat, might be Silver Sable. Granted she's a copper character, so for the purpose of this thread, I will speculate Black Cat. FH was introduced in ASM 2...

DO we know whether the rights to Silver Sable are part of the Spider-man package? I mean, she first appeared in ASM, but then, so did the Punisher. I don't necessarily consider her a "Spider-man character"

I'm not 100% certain, but the Sony deal may be set up similar to the Fox deal, in terms of character rights.

Ok I mentioned this a while back in one of the threads. The deal with News Corp basically gives Fox full access to the Main Characters of X-Men and Fantastic Four. They are also allowed to use any tnagentially connected character as well (such as the Silver Surfer) so long as they are FIRST to use it. So since Marvel was first to use Ronan, he's theres. That's also how Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in Avengers. First to be used (in Cap) BUT they cannot be called mutants.

So, if Sony uses Silver Sable first, Sony has the rights to her. Again, I haven't seen the agreement, but it may be similar to the way the Fox deal is structured.

The simplest answer to the question is..............accumulate both ASM #194 and ASM #265 and all will be fine.

The 2nd print of #265 is a cool book that has been harder to find in LCSs than I expected.

Poof! There go all the ASM 265s on eBay . . . :grin:

I buy them whenever I see 9.0+ copies.

FWIW, I have found this one to be tough in true NM in Canadian newsstand price variant form.......

Still plenty of 265's on ebay. So many I can't scroll through them all. What about GL 87? I bet we see some action soon on that. John Stewart has to be the favorite GL in the upcoming JLA, especially since Van Wilder tanked Hal Jordan.

:wishluck:

Still plenty of 265's on ebay. So many I can't scroll through them all. What about GL 87? I bet we see some action soon on that. John Stewart has to be the favorite GL in the upcoming JLA, especially since Van Wilder tanked Hal Jordan.

i would buy a palette of GL 87s if they could be found affordably. otoh, Iron Man 55 showed that a $30-40 G/VG copy one day could become a $150 ebay copy overnight, so maybe there's a lot of money to be made buying the best $50-$60 copies of this book you can find because they might be $200-$250 copies later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Lantern-87-CGC-9-6-1st-John-Stewart-/141219340278?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e1541ff6

At that price you have to wonder how much upside there is in slabbed HG though? (This market, however, never ceases to amaze me though, so I should probably shaddup.)

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

i would buy a palette of GL 87s if they could be found affordably. otoh, Iron Man 55 showed that a $30-40 G/VG copy one day could become a $150 ebay copy overnight, so maybe there's a lot of money to be made buying the best $50-$60 copies of this book you can find because they might be $200-$250 copies later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Lantern-87-CGC-9-6-1st-John-Stewart-/141219340278?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e1541ff6

At that price you have to wonder how much upside there is in slabbed HG though? (This market, however, never ceases to amaze me though, so I should probably shaddup.)

I'd probably pay close to that for a 9.6, blob. Best I have now is a CGC 9.0.

I'm not saying the current price is crazy. There aren't a ton out there, it is kind of important as a key, etc. I'm just wondering how far a 9.6 has to go up when it's already at that price.

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

For GOTG2 just play it safe and get the whole ST Warlock run and have Magus, Gamora and Pip covered. A perverted cigar chomping troll, oh yeah sure, they'd never put him in a movie

I'm not saying the current price is crazy. There aren't a ton out there, it is kind of important as a key, etc. I'm just wondering how far a 9.6 has to go up when it's already at that price.

If I were to take a guess, blob. I'd bet both the Forever People #1 and the GL #87 hit 4 digits in 9.6 sooner rather than later. Heck, the FP #1 might already be there. There's a 9.8 on Heritage at $1200 with a couple days still on the clock.

Groot had a small cameo in an issue of Fun and Games from Marvel. :popcorn:

42e749cb0e15fbfd6d26ac5b9e4adce2_zps77eff4d6.jpg[/img]

What issue of fun and games is this? If so, is this the third appearance? Unless you count the reprints as an appearance. Thanks.

Edited by ygerg

Groot had a small cameo in an issue of Fun and Games from Marvel. :popcorn:

42e749cb0e15fbfd6d26ac5b9e4adce2_zps77eff4d6.jpg[/img]

What issue of fun and games is this? If so, is this the third appearance? Unless you count the reprints as an appearance. Thanks.

It is Fun and Games #8. You tell me. :devil:

I've been waiting for Green Lantern #87 to pop every since Dwayne Johnson and Denzel Washington were rumored casting choices for John Stewart in the upcoming Warner Justice League movies.

For GOTG2 just play it safe and get the whole ST Warlock run and have Magus, Gamora and Pip covered. A perverted cigar chomping troll, oh yeah sure, they'd never put him in a movie

+1

It's actually a good read. I'm glad I bought ST 178-181 a few months ago. I remember I was upset at a con then because the lowest price for a ST180 I could find was $25...probably sells for double now...probably double for ST181 now as well.

+1

It's actually a good read. I'm glad I bought ST 178-181 a few months ago. I remember I was upset at a con then because the lowest price for a ST180 I could find was $25...probably sells for double now...probably double for ST181 now as well.

Closer to triple that, and 178 is very tough in high grade too, that damn black cover and the typical 1970's miscut

One of my favorite storylines and you can't have Thanos and infinity gems in a movie without Adam Warlock, and where there's Adam Warlock, The Magus isn't far behind.

Side point, when GOTG 2008 series reintroduced The Magus, I nearly fell out of my seat reading it, was done so well. You could see where it was going once the Universal Church Of The Truth got involved, but it was still a "F****K YEAH!" moment

I've been waiting for Green Lantern #87 to pop every since Dwayne Johnson and Denzel Washington were rumored casting choices for John Stewart in the upcoming Warner Justice League movies.

I think I'm going to hoard the GL 87. There's some Bronze Age DC's that are way undervalued in uber-high grade. I'm thinking this is one of them.