• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Preview-7-1st-Rocket-Raccoon-VF-7-5-Guardians-Of-Galaxy-Beautiful-/271563669771?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f3a74c10b

A rew, self-described 7.5 sells for $449 or something and you don't think it's real?

Here is a copy I am pretty sure I used to own, sold to a boardie here 6-8 months ago for $150 or so who did really well on it (I think I thought it was more like a 6.5, CGC was tough on it, but I think that top corner got worse somewhere between the seller and CGC than it was when I sold it)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Preview-7-CGC-5-5-OW-W-1st-Rocket-Racoon-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-/291197001084?pt=US_Comic_Magazines&hash=item43ccb19d7c

He got a $600 BIN on it. Do you think that sale is fake? Mid-grade copies selling for this much usually mean high grade copies are selling for A LOT more.

Same 7.5 is now back up at 549.95 So yeah it was not a real sale.

there might be something to the notion that there are some folks bidding up some of these books and then bailing when it comes time to pay, as at least one seller I have since learned got burned on this. he wasn't shilling or any nonsense like that.

I have sold a couple of NMs for $35 at local shows the past year. People are starting to treat Black Cat like Harley Quinn from the looks of things. Some of the other early Black Cat covers and appearances have started moving well over the same tie period.

I have sold a couple of NMs for $35 at local shows the past year. People are starting to treat Black Cat like Harley Quinn from the looks of things. Some of the other early Black Cat covers and appearances have started moving well over the same tie period.

I wonder how much of this is just expectations that she'll be in costume in the next movie.

I wonder how much of this is just expectations that she'll be in costume in the next movie.

It would be a huge mistake not to. ;)

I think in high grade this is not an unexpected or up-trending price for this book. If it sold for $100 raw that is a different story.

It would be a huge mistake not to. ;)

Nice, this book was totally ignored for a while. Second appearances need love too! (Heck, thirds as well if we care about the character!)

More on the Fear #19s:

Sold a Fine on eBay in a 3 day auction that ended yesterday for $80, dug out a VG/F copy and listed it as a BIN at $70, and it sold within a few hours.

Outrageous! (ly good!) (thumbs u

ASM 265 worth picking up on the cheap?

Has Marvel announced plans for Silver Sable?

Sony announced it is doing a female superhero movie before ASM 3. Might be Black Cat, might be Silver Sable. Granted she's a copper character, so for the purpose of this thread, I will speculate Black Cat. FH was introduced in ASM 2...

The simplest answer to the question is..............accumulate both ASM #194 and ASM #265 and all will be fine.

The 2nd print of #265 is a cool book that has been harder to find in LCSs than I expected.

ASM 265 worth picking up on the cheap?

Has Marvel announced plans for Silver Sable?

Sony announced it is doing a female superhero movie before ASM 3. Might be Black Cat, might be Silver Sable. Granted she's a copper character, so for the purpose of this thread, I will speculate Black Cat. FH was introduced in ASM 2...

DO we know whether the rights to Silver Sable are part of the Spider-man package? I mean, she first appeared in ASM, but then, so did the Punisher. I don't necessarily consider her a "Spider-man character"

The simplest answer to the question is..............accumulate both ASM #194 and ASM #265 and all will be fine.

The 2nd print of #265 is a cool book that has been harder to find in LCSs than I expected.

Poof! There go all the ASM 265s on eBay . . . :grin: