• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

Sorry fellas, I agree with CGC ST 180 is the first appearance Gamora not cameo. She is talking and shown in multiple panels and key part in the current story. No way CGC changes this.

reference: similar issue

iron man 118

There is not much dispute on this one, 180 is first.

I agree with the contention that #180 is more of a cameo appearance. Just read them recently, and came away with that perspective.

Serious question, do you think it would be worthwhile for me to hold onto VF copies of Howard #1 and Marvel Premiere #47?

I'm not too attached to either character and both books I bought pretty cheap, so I'd be able to save some cash for a bigger book like IM #55 or something to that extent.

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

Sorry fellas, I agree with CGC ST 180 is the first appearance Gamora not cameo. She is talking and shown in multiple panels and key part in the current story. No way CGC changes this.

reference: similar issue

iron man 118

There is not much dispute on this one, 180 is first.

I agree with the contention that #180 is more of a cameo appearance. Just read them recently, and came away with that perspective.

hm It's been a while since I read them and I recently slabbed and sold most of my 180's. I think I may have a reader around here somewhere. I think this begs a bigger question, when does a cameo turn into a full app? Is it like asking "when does a boy become a man?" Hulk 180/181 taught is that one panel is a cameo and a cover with an ongoing battle is a full app. What about the gray in the middle?

However, more power to those trying to change it to 181, I still have a bunch of those and I would love to get 180 money for them :grin:

Edited by Mike's Rack

Serious question, do you think it would be worthwhile for me to hold onto VF copies of Howard #1 and Marvel Premiere #47?

I'm not too attached to either character and both books I bought pretty cheap, so I'd be able to save some cash for a bigger book like IM #55 or something to that extent.

I don't know, man. 6 months ago Id have told you to dump those two, but after seeing what Disney did with GOTG I wouldnt sell those books short. I saw GOTG yesterday. It exceeded all my expectations.

I don't know, man. 6 months ago Id have told you to dump those two, but after seeing what Disney did with GOTG I wouldnt sell those books short. I saw GOTG yesterday. It exceeded all my expectations.

Yeah it's seriously a tough decision, but there's no way Howard is going to last like this unless a movie or some sort of series is made featuring him right?

Captain America #213 is the next Hulk #271.

????

Ya like the Night Flyer, RMA?

Yes.

Buy, buy, buy.

No ulterior motives for miles around.

Despite all the criticism at the time, the Kirby run when he returned to Marvel is just great. I think I still have to complete it, and would like also to improve it, grade wise.

Movie hype is… what it is. Time will settle it.

I think I'm going to pass on the #213. That's $9 I can away on another 1st Captain Carrot.

217 (quasar) used to sell for me pretty well when i had a an ebay store. around guide or thereabouts. probably sold about 3 copies in 3 years.

is the kirby estate going to sue if nightracer ever takes off?

I think I'm going to pass on the #213. That's $9 I can away on another 1st Captain Carrot.

217 (quasar) used to sell for me pretty well when i had a an ebay store. around guide or thereabouts. probably sold about 3 copies in 3 years.

is the kirby estate going to sue if nightracer ever takes off?

I actually went through some longboxes from collections I previously acquired looking for the #213 this AM. The closest I got was #214. What's kinda scary is that literally every Marvel 1st appearance is in play. The Disney marketing machine is fueling speculation.

I'm not sure about the Kirby estate. It's kinda sad how things have went down. When Stan and the King were working side by side they were certainly capable of some amazing things.

I actually went through some longboxes from collections I previously acquired looking for the #213 this AM. The closest I got was #214. What's kinda scary is that literally every Marvel 1st appearance is in play. The Disney marketing machine is Uncaring collectors are fueling speculation.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

Disney does not force you to do anything. As much as Marvel.

I loathe their decisions, and do not buy anything. Ultimately it’s the buyer which decides.

I actually went through some longboxes from collections I previously acquired looking for the #213 this AM. The closest I got was #214. What's kinda scary is that literally every Marvel 1st appearance is in play. The Disney marketing machine is Uncaring collectors are fueling speculation.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

Disney does not force you to do anything. As much as Marvel.

I loathe their decisions, and do not buy anything. Ultimately it’s the buyer which decides.

I agree, but the marketing blitz the week before GOTG was unlike any hyper I've ever seen. What's scary is the movie actually lived up to it. Marvel Preview 4 & 7 are holding up very well.