• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Still plenty of 265's on ebay. So many I can't scroll through them all. What about GL 87? I bet we see some action soon on that. John Stewart has to be the favorite GL in the upcoming JLA, especially since Van Wilder tanked Hal Jordan.

i would buy a palette of GL 87s if they could be found affordably. otoh, Iron Man 55 showed that a $30-40 G/VG copy one day could become a $150 ebay copy overnight, so maybe there's a lot of money to be made buying the best $50-$60 copies of this book you can find because they might be $200-$250 copies later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Lantern-87-CGC-9-6-1st-John-Stewart-/141219340278?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e1541ff6

At that price you have to wonder how much upside there is in slabbed HG though? (This market, however, never ceases to amaze me though, so I should probably shaddup.)

I've been waiting for Green Lantern #87 to pop every since Dwayne Johnson and Denzel Washington were rumored casting choices for John Stewart in the upcoming Warner Justice League movies.

I think I'm going to hoard the GL 87. There's some Bronze Age DC's that are way undervalued in uber-high grade. I'm thinking this is one of them.

If you can find them . . . all of the Adams GL's in HG have been popular for a VERY LONG TIME. This is not news. :grin:

Hoard Black Goliath 1 and Devil Dinosaur 1 way way undervalued in my opinion.

Off topic Zack,but I find your avatar to be in quite bad taste.My Mother in Law is a partner with Brian Hartnell's law firm, the only survivor of the zodiac killer.I am sure you don't mean to offend,but many people died at the hands of that person.It just seems disrespectful to me.

Still plenty of 265's on ebay. So many I can't scroll through them all. What about GL 87? I bet we see some action soon on that. John Stewart has to be the favorite GL in the upcoming JLA, especially since Van Wilder tanked Hal Jordan.

i would buy a palette of GL 87s if they could be found affordably. otoh, Iron Man 55 showed that a $30-40 G/VG copy one day could become a $150 ebay copy overnight, so maybe there's a lot of money to be made buying the best $50-$60 copies of this book you can find because they might be $200-$250 copies later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Lantern-87-CGC-9-6-1st-John-Stewart-/141219340278?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e1541ff6

At that price you have to wonder how much upside there is in slabbed HG though? (This market, however, never ceases to amaze me though, so I should probably shaddup.)

I've been waiting for Green Lantern #87 to pop every since Dwayne Johnson and Denzel Washington were rumored casting choices for John Stewart in the upcoming Warner Justice League movies.

I think I'm going to hoard the GL 87. There's some Bronze Age DC's that are way undervalued in uber-high grade. I'm thinking this is one of them.

If you can find them . . . all of the Adams GL's in HG have been popular for a VERY LONG TIME. This is not news. :grin:

This is true but there is only a slight premium to 87 versus 81,82,83 and so on right now. It's maybe 50-60% higher than the others. I really think that gap could widen. I think this is a good book to work for the JLA movie. I've got 3 now. My highest is CGC 9.0. I need at least one 9.6.

Black Goliath 1? Really??

Black Goliath 1 has more room to grow than FP 1. :baiting:

Much cooler cover, too. :headbang:

Good luck with those Black Goliaths. I hope that works out for ya. Ill just hoard my FP #1's and watch how it all plays out.

Off topic Zack,but I find your avatar to be in quite bad taste.My Mother in Law is a partner with Brian Hartnell's law firm, the only survivor of the zodiac killer.I am sure you don't mean to offend,but many people died at the hands of that person.It just seems disrespectful to me.

Didn't mean to offend, not my intent, just how I sign paperwork at work as it takes seconds instead of a full signature. Changed Avatar , my apologies.

This is why I bought several 181's :wishluck:

I have bought all the Warlock books in quantity over the years simply because they are Starlin awesomeness and for a while there underappreciated. Yes, not really slab-worthy copies, but a lot of good stuff in the 6.0 - 9.2 range.

This is why I bought several 181's :wishluck:

I have bought all the Warlock books in quantity over the years simply because they are Starlin awesomeness and for a while there underappreciated. Yes, not really slab-worthy copies, but a lot of good stuff in the 6.0 - 9.2 range.

Seriously never liked Warlock, even to this day. :grin:

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

Sorry fellas, I agree with CGC ST 180 is the first appearance Gamora not cameo. She is talking and shown in multiple panels and key part in the current story. No way CGC changes this.

reference: similar issue

iron man 118

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

Sorry fellas, I agree with CGC ST 180 is the first appearance Gamora not cameo. She is talking and shown in multiple panels and key part in the current story. No way CGC changes this.

reference: similar issue

iron man 118

There is not much dispute on this one, 180 is first.