• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dr.X Christmas Contest - Top Secret

791 posts in this topic

I once, over many years, filled up a 5 gallon water bottle with quarters only.

I think it came in @ 3700+ dollars. I need more time to think about this. Hidden golden dollars, nice touch !

How did you lift it? 5 gal of pennies is supposed to be about 175 lbs.

Good question. I made 5 trips, using some canvas bags.

THE CONTEST - READ CAREFULLY - :news: CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY NIGHT AT 6 P.M. Central Time.

I had originally planned on a different set-up for this but time just did not allow me to do so. So, we're doing it the same as last year.

I have a huge container that I save coins in all year. At the end of the year I cash it in, and my two daughters get the proceeds.

You can pull up last years contest for the amount that won, but it won't do you any good. I've thrown a monkey wrench or two into the mix this year.

I usually go to the bank a few times a week. To sweeten the pot, I randomly picked up a few rolls of dimes, quarters, whatever, here and there.

I also tossed in a random number of Gold Dollars between 1 and 19, so take your time guessing. No dimensions this year on the container, but Gumby is around 2" tall. Have at it you freaks.

Last year we had over one hundred people who played. I hope we can top it this year.

:news: CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY NIGHT AT 6 P.M. Central Time.

:bump:

Thanks, I was just about to bump it. Get your numbers in folks.

:news: About 12 hours to go and this contest is history. I may start another thread and proclaim myself the King of Comic Book Contests. Could you imagine that. lol

Good question. I made 5 trips, using some canvas bags.

A five gallon bucket from Home Depot works good, with one of those little luggage dollies. I still don't see a guess in yet from you mister. :baiting: