• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 goals? How did you fare?

122 posts in this topic

Almost a year ago I made a post saying my 2013 goal was to get a Pep 22. And thanks to Roy, that actually happened!! So, 2913 was a good year, lol

I knew it. BL is a time traveler. :banana:

Best gig you can get.

Pop back 50 years and pick up copies of all the golden oldies and buy some stocks. Stop in present day and drop off your shipment at a convention. Skip forward 3 months and pick up your books. Skip forward another 50 years and sell 'em! :roflmao:

I must have missed this thread last year. I could have sworn I posted in it…

My goal for the year was to complete my run of ASM down to 100. The big issues I was missing was a copy of 129 and 100. I picked up a copy of 129 a few months back from Columbia Comics.

I'm hoping my wife gets me a copy of 100 for my birthday or Christmas. I'm still missing a few singles, but they should be easy to pick up.

In all honesty I think I had a spectacular year for comic purchases for 2013:

1. Hulk #1 cgc 5.5

front-1.jpg

2. AF15 cgc 3.0

af15.jpg

3. Mask #1 cgc 5.5

Mask1_zpsc27cab02.jpg

4. Mask #2 cgc 4.5

Mask2_zps1594833a.jpg

5. Venus 19 cgc 4.5

Venus19_zps8981402e.jpg

6. Planet Comics: 51 books of the run of 73. All of the books but 2 in 5.0 or better ( issue 29 is cgc 3.0, issue 33 is cgc 3.5 ). Several pedigree books in 8.5. It is a very nice collection of Planets. Some of the highlights:

PlanetComics1front_zps7fcb6e31.jpg

Planet7_zps989e9561.jpg

Planet20_zps5f7ee607.jpg

Planet49_zps197acb48.jpg

PlanetComics34front_zps85c6ec39.jpg

PlanetComics48doublecoverfrontA2_zps210f067d.jpg

7. completed my marvel value stamp collection. This included finding a marvel value stamp booklet that was unused. I wanted my collection to be uncut from the books.

MarvelValueStampcollection_zps190a221b.jpg

8. Purchased a 38 long box collection that was mostly moderns from late 1980's to early 1990's. The collection also included some file copy gems.

Guylecollection030_zps4ff6ad9f.jpg

Guylecollection036_zpsb1d08dee.jpg

among Other books. It was truly an awesome year.

I think my goals had changed significantly during 2013. From completing runs to buying hardcovers and sketches. I got a few sketches and a few hardcovers, but the goals I outlined last year were not met. As a matter of fact I bought my first back issue of the year today, not counting stuff a couple months old that I picked up at the LCS.

My goals for 2014 are to cut my pull list down to four titles (one monthly) and not buy any back issues or trades until Cyber Monday. I probably won't succeed entirely because I have one HC preordered and may pick up an issue here and there but for the most part I think I'm going to drop my annual spending from around $600-$700 to $200-$300

I want to live ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Scooby Doo 1 was on the list Rupp. NO THANKS TO YOU JK lol and as many other emoticons I can get to make that post seem sarcastic (ish) even though it's NOT (thumbs u :grin:

Believe it or not... you are going to have a harder time finding a high grade #2 when you start trying to run down sweet higher grade copies of this run ;)

There's my goal... a nicer copy of my Gold Key Scooby # 2... oh and world domination of the X-Men #94 market :grin:

I want to live ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Scooby Doo 1 was on the list Rupp. NO THANKS TO YOU JK lol and as many other emoticons I can get to make that post seem sarcastic (ish) even though it's NOT (thumbs u :grin:

Believe it or not... you are going to have a harder time finding a high grade #2 when you start trying to run down sweet higher grade copies of this run ;)

There's my goal... a nicer copy of my Gold Key Scooby # 2... oh and world domination of the X-Men #94 market :grin:

I really don't care about grade at all. I just want a copy. Pwetty Pwease? lol (thumbs u

Almost a year ago I made a post saying my 2013 goal was to get a Pep 22. And thanks to Roy, that actually happened!! So, 2913 was a good year, lol

Darn, now you all know my secret!

How did you come up with the money to buy a Pep 22 in 2913?

A) In 2913 Pep 22 will be worthless

B) It will be worth a LOT

How did you come up with the money to buy a Pep 22 in 2913?

A) In 2913 Pep 22 will be worthless

B) It will be worth a LOT

I'm sorry hon, but I can't reveal all of my many secrets!

I snatched up a few mid grade key issues this year. Nothing MAJOR but some nice additions to the collection!

New Mutants 98

Batman Adventures 12

Avengers 55

New Mutants 87

Flash 175

Wolverine Mini Series

Star Wars 1

Ms. Marvel 1

Daredevil 131

prob a few others i'm missing