• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Whetton does eBay provide any information that states whether or not the winning bidders on some of these comics actually paid for them? I've been dealing with a number of non paying bidders on ebay lately that seem to get into a bidding war and then never pay.

Whetton does eBay provide any information that states whether or not the winning bidders on some of these comics actually paid for them? I've been dealing with a number of non paying bidders on ebay lately that seem to get into a bidding war and then never pay.

Nothing that I'm aware of. eBay's api assumes that everyone who bids will automatically pay. :(

Nothing that I'm aware of. eBay's api assumes that everyone who bids will automatically pay. :(

That's what bothers me about ebay sales. It seems easier to find a shill than to find a non paying bidder these days. At least IMO.

That's what bothers me about ebay sales. It seems easier to find a shill than to find a non paying bidder these days. At least IMO.

My question is why are there so many shillers around these days?

I heard the barcode version is the tougher one to find in a 9.8 (shrug) I should have taken better care of my copy lolhm maybe this copy is around 9.4-9.6 :P

comicbooks003_zps16044660.jpg

Who would of known? Even a year ago? No one saw this coming.

My question is why are there so many shillers around these days?

Because Ebay is the price guide that anyone can edit :banana:

I heard the barcode version is the tougher one to find in a 9.8 (shrug) I should have taken better care of my copy lolhm maybe this copy is around 9.4-9.6 :P

comicbooks003_zps16044660.jpg

I have a copy I've had up on ebay for several weeks now. I priced it pretty aggressive and it was getting pretty good views and watches for the first two weeks. Even had some questions about it. Since then its dropped off. I dropped the price slightly, and its still only getting 1/3 of the views it was three weeks ago.

doh!

I smell a bubble about to burst.

I'll keep folks updated as to whether or not I'm actually paid for it. When I saw it had gone through my first thought was someone was about to throw up 3 or 4 copies at a higher price and is going to hold my copy in eBay dispute resolution hell for a few months.

Is it just me or has Spidey 252 picking up a lot of steam after a short dormant period?

Seems it got really hot 3 or 4 years ago, then went cold, now it's picking up steam again.

Is it just me or has Spidey 252 picking up a lot of steam after a short dormant period?

Seems it got really hot 3 or 4 years ago, then went cold, now it's picking up steam again.

Not just you. It seems to be hot again.

Not just you. It seems to be hot again.

Agreed. I was a little surprised by how much a spidey 252 was getting on eBay.