• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

I want to throw my hat into the ring on this Copper Age! Bought out all the store stock from a dealer who had a store during the 70's and 80's.

This doesn't even scractch the surface on the rest I didn't photogragh. The few sent to CGC have all are returned 9.8 and White pages. Here's a few more that will keep CGC busy. This stuff was never circulated or sold and have been stored for 20 to 30 years.

There are the same multiples ( nearly 50 each of Nova #1, Star Wars #1 and yes, Hulk #271. Mostly Newsstand and Canadian Editions ) About 28,000 comics in all, perfectly preserved.

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

:sick:

I need some Novas hm

I need an extra garage for my X-Force 1s.

:ohnoez:

My birds cages need new paper all the time. I could use them. Once I burn through my wife's copies of home and garden. lol

Remind me why this book is hot again? I see it on the copper age trending section of Lyria Exchange but for the life of me I don't know why the 1st Black Mask is so dang interesting to everyone. hm

X-Factor 6 is actually a pretty tough book due to the printing defect in the top right hand corner. It seems at least 75% of the copies I have seen have a chip.

Jim

I've seen this on a few copies. I've also seen many 9.8's with this defect, only if it is tiny. They just look at it as a production thing, even though I don't care for it.

I want to throw my hat into the ring on this Copper Age! Bought out all the store stock from a dealer who had a store during the 70's and 80's.

This doesn't even scractch the surface on the rest I didn't photogragh. The few sent to CGC have all are returned 9.8 and White pages. Here's a few more that will keep CGC busy. This stuff was never circulated or sold and have been stored for 20 to 30 years.

There are the same multiples ( nearly 50 each of Nova #1, Star Wars #1 and yes, Hulk #271. Mostly Newsstand and Canadian Editions ) About 28,000 comics in all, perfectly preserved.

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

Pictures like this make me sad. I haven't been able to find a Nova #1 anywhere especially not in this good of condition. Same with X-Factor's (I at least snagged copies of these in VF grade at a reasonable price) and Teen Titans. And I really don't want to go on ebay to pay the going rate when everyone talks about the gems to be found. Guess I'm just hitting the wrong LCSs

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

Pictures like this make me sad. I haven't been able to find a Nova #1 anywhere especially not in this good of condition. Same with X-Factor's (I at least snagged copies of these in VF grade at a reasonable price) and Teen Titans. And I really don't want to go on ebay to pay the going rate when everyone talks about the gems to be found. Guess I'm just hitting the wrong LCSs

I can see how it pulls the wind out of ones sails. It's like when I finally got my '84 Donruss Mattingly. Paid a bunch for it. Had to give up some trade, too. It was no better than a PSA 7, but to me it was perfect. All mine! The envy of my peers. Then, some rich knob down the street gets 10 boxes of 84 Donruss for his birthday, and shows off 10 really near perfect mattingly's. I felt like tossing mine in the garbage. A harsh lesson in reality for a 13 year old.

This is not unlike the Copper collection I found earlier this year. No X-Factor # 5 & # 6s though. :sorry:

But there are so many other books throughout the late 70's and 80's. For instance, I just saw GPA numbers for Star Wars #42 are around $200 each because Boba Fett and some other bounty hunters are on the cover, the same goes for Spider-Woman #1. I have approximately 50 copies of these that I'm mining through today. It's like I just picked them up from the printer shop before they even went to the distributors.

This is not unlike the Copper collection I found earlier this year. No X-Factor # 5 & # 6s though. :sorry:

But there are so many other books throughout the late 70's and 80's. For instance, I just saw GPA numbers for Star Wars #42 are around $200 each because Boba Fett and some other bounty hunters are on the cover, the same goes for Spider-Woman #1. I have approximately 50 copies of these that I'm mining through today. It's like I just picked them up from the printer shop before they even went to the distributors.

Certainly sounds like you found your own little Copper Mine. Congrats! :applause: