• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

And I checked, OSPG has 267 & 268 at a pretty good price, but eBay doesn't say the same right now. At least as far back as their "sold auctions" function will show.

-slym

Unless they are 9.8's those are $2 books at best.

I think if these books are listed as 9.4 or better, and the seller is credible with their grading, they would sell for $5 each. Especially 268.

It just can't be a listing with VF-NM as a grade, or someone that posts "I am not a professional grader" as that tosses the excitement factor out the window.

When I liquidated all my game used and autographed sports cards back in 2005, I put that in every auction. I facepalm myself. :facepalm:

I can one up that. I still have all my sports cards. I facepalm myself :facepalm:

Who is arguing with you? So far, I've seen questions to understand your approach.

(shrug)

Poor word-choice on my part. I apologise.

But I will say, grading books has nothing to do with my question.

:foryou:

But it does factor in when it comes to pulling out the key books and selling the rest.

1) If you are going to pull out the key books so those can be submitted into CGC, and sell the rest raw, don't count on anything close to Overstreet for the non-keys. It is only going to happen if someone is missing that issue in a given grade.

2) If you are going to sell these in small lots, and mix in some of the key appearances, then we are talking about a different approach. Especially with books like UXM 266 and 268 in 9.4 or better condition, collectors/investors are going to pay more.

3) If you are going to sell these in small lots, and mix in slabbed key books once you get these back, then even better for your selling potential.

;)

Yes, because this wasn't sensible advice.

doh!

I never said that, Nick...

:(

-slym

And I checked, OSPG has 267 & 268 at a pretty good price, but eBay doesn't say the same right now. At least as far back as their "sold auctions" function will show.

-slym

I think if these books are listed as 9.4 or better, and the seller is credible with their grading, they would sell for $5 each. Especially 268.

It just can't be a listing with VF-NM as a grade, or someone that posts "I am not a professional grader" as that tosses the excitement factor out the window.

When I liquidated all my game used and autographed sports cards back in 2005, I put that in every auction. I facepalm myself. :facepalm:

I can one up that. I still have all my sports cards. I facepalm myself :facepalm:

Ooh! Except for that huge chunk of my collection I sold off of my collection for an Amazing Spider-man 129 that came back restored. I facepalm myself once again :facepalm:

-slym

I hereby nominate this for Fingh's new custom title...

Agreed. Funny to see yet another former Copper Age "hot" book fire back up. I guess if you stay in the hobby long enough, you get to see the patterns first-hand. [/quote

Interesting, I know I have a bunch of those somewhere.

Funny thing is, I know I probably have several thousand dollars in worthwhile Copper books just sitting in my garage. Need to find the time soon to go through them and cherry pick the best for certification.