• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Re: X-Men #266.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s probably right that the book was often bagged and boarded at the time it came out by collectors, but there are also readers out there.

I myself have just had it bagged (no board) for about 20 years and it’s probably a NM+.

What I meant is: if I want a reader copy, say, in the $10 range, I can’t seem to find but VF copies or so for $40+

I am finding that 6.0 - 7.0 copies of most of the more expensive Copper Keys are an easy move at half of NM prices, maybe a bit more. As long as they present well, there are collectors willing to pay decent $$ for them. Case in point, ASM #300 in VG for $40-$50, FN for $75, VF for $100 - $120, slabbed 9.4s for full GPA.

We've discussed this one already but New Teen Titans #44 in VF @ $28 & 29 watchers. (thumbs u

:gossip: I *think* this book may be ready to explode soon.

I sold a 9.6 for $120 shipped and a raw VF for $35 shipped last week.

Based on Superman Batman film rumors or his death rumors?

I base this more on Nightwing being a popular character and Grayson being a very important part of the Batman mythos.

Also the cover makes it somewhat harder on average to find a 9.8 compared to most other coppers.

Out of curiosity, why X-Men #266 seems difficult to find in low grade? I understand the demand, and that higher grade copies are more desired, but why corresponding low grades aren’t much showing up around (at the appropriate prices)?

I would think because the book is rare in low grade?

Virtually every one of those got bagged and boarded the day it got home from the shop. I don't think I have ever seen less than a 9.0 in person.

it's a PITA selling $3 comics on ebay, that's why. go to a show, rummage through $1-$2 boxes and you will find reader copies of books like these. i passed on a beater GI Joe 21 last year out of my LCS...came back the next day to pick it up after I told myself it was a mistake to pass on it and it was gone.

And don't kid yourself, there are plenty of 7-8.0 copies on ebay being sold as NM copies.

Weird, I have never found a X-Men 266 in a bargain bin in my life, and I have looked through quite a few long boxes of them.

I am finding that 6.0 - 7.0 copies of most of the more expensive Copper Keys are an easy move at half of NM prices, maybe a bit more. As long as they present well, there are collectors willing to pay decent $$ for them. Case in point, ASM #300 in VG for $40-$50, FN for $75, VF for $100 - $120, slabbed 9.4s for full GPA.

Very easy. I think it is to newer collectors who don't fully understand grades/just want the book. Best case in point was Batman #386. Lots of people were buying it because of the video game. VG/F copies would sell for about half of NM copies in some cases.

Well, according to the Overstreet 2012, an X-Men #266 in FN should be $12, but an ASM #300 is $27.

Often these books go for more even in those grades, but surely not for $3 like someone said.

So, where can reader copies of sought after Copper Marvel books can be found if you can’t browse dollar bin boxes (since you are overseas lol )? hm

I ask because there are some I’d like to have (like New Mutants #98, to complete my New Mutants collection) but not willing to pay much for them.

So, where can reader copies of sought after Copper Marvel books can be found if you can’t browse dollar bin boxes (since you are overseas lol )? hm

I ask because there are some I’d like to have (like New Mutants #98, to complete my New Mutants collection) but not willing to pay much for them.

You are going to either find a cheap BIN on ebay or mannup and pay.

POS ASM 300's and NM 98's sell for $50+ on ebay all day long.

Birds of Prey 8

That's the only other one I can think of. Kind of sad for such a popular character.

Agreed. The fact that it is just a revamp, and not a "cut from new cloth" character, and also the fact that Nightwing was a retread from the "Nightwing and Flamebird" Superman series is what I attribute to the non-breakout nature of the character.

We've discussed this one already but New Teen Titans #44 in VF @ $28 & 29 watchers. (thumbs u

:gossip: I *think* this book may be ready to explode soon.

I sold a 9.6 for $120 shipped and a raw VF for $35 shipped last week.

I wouldn't mind owning a Mark Jeweler variant of this comic.

Edited by MrWeen

Thanks, but what is "POS"? "Mannup" is not so clear as well… lol

Thanks, but what is "POS"? "Mannup" is not so clear as well… lol

POS is "piece of feces"

Mannup is what Mitch Mehdy does every morning just getting out of bed.

Birds of Prey 8

That's the only other one I can think of. Kind of sad for such a popular character.

Agreed. The fact that it is just a revamp, and not a "cut from new cloth" character, and also the fact that Nightwing was a retread from the "Nightwing and Flamebird" Superman series is what I attribute to the non-breakout nature of the character.

Sounds like a good candidate for an epic death.

I will say this though, I do miss reading the Batman & Robin run with Grayson/Batman and Damian Wayne/Robin, def the best version of the duo in some time.

Out of curiosity, why X-Men #266 seems difficult to find in low grade? I understand the demand, and that higher grade copies are more desired, but why corresponding low grades aren’t much showing up around (at the appropriate prices)?

I would think because the book is rare in low grade?

Virtually every one of those got bagged and boarded the day it got home from the shop. I don't think I have ever seen less than a 9.0 in person.

it's a PITA selling $3 comics on ebay, that's why. go to a show, rummage through $1-$2 boxes and you will find reader copies of books like these. i passed on a beater GI Joe 21 last year out of my LCS...came back the next day to pick it up after I told myself it was a mistake to pass on it and it was gone.

And don't kid yourself, there are plenty of 7-8.0 copies on ebay being sold as NM copies.

Weird, I have never found a X-Men 266 in a bargain bin in my life, and I have looked through quite a few long boxes of them.

This year I got a mid-grade copy out of a $2 box at NYCC this year (yes, I know, that was probably a mistake) and a 50 cent NM copy from a guy at a flea market (along with a bunch of other goodies). Not saying these were anything more than me being lucky.

Anyway, alls I'm saying is that if there is a beat up X-men 266 in a dealer's stock, he will likely toss it in a $2 box. if it's presentable, he'll shoot for more. my local shop would make it $2-$3 as he does with beat up byrne X-men.

Well, according to the Overstreet 2012, an X-Men #266 in FN should be $12, but an ASM #300 is $27.

Often these books go for more even in those grades, but surely not for $3 like someone said.

------------

since when is "Fine" a reader copy grade???? I'm talking 1.0 - 3.0 copies. Beaters/readers....