• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Okay this book drives me nuts because sellers dont get it right. Can someone explain whats wrong with this and about every ebay auction that carries this book in it? Am I wrong here? I email sellers occasionally and they still list this book incorrectly.

ASM 400 Newsstand Variant

Edited by Fastballspecial

What drives me nuts is calling the newsstand copies of all books "variants." I think it's just an excuse to use that word as keyword spam. If that's the term that's used?

Once Mile High started breaking out its catalog into Direct and then Newsstand Variant (hence the term "Well, I have to charge that much: have you seen what Mile High is listing Newsstand Variants for?"), it was all downhill from there.

Merry Christmas, Copper Age fellow fans!

Okay this book drives me nuts because sellers dont get it right. Can someone explain whats wrong with this and about every ebay auction that carries this book in it? Am I wrong here? I email sellers occasionally and they still list this book incorrectly.

Those say "Direct Edition" so they can't be newsstand. I believe those are just the standard editions that were released and were a dollar cheaper. You had to pay an extra buck for that sweet embossing. :)

Those say "Direct Edition" so they can't be newsstand. I believe those are just the standard editions that were released and were a dollar cheaper. You had to pay an extra buck for that sweet embossing. :)

Its drives me nuts that these sellers call them newstand edition when the freaking direct UPC is right there on the front cover. :frustrated:

I always called them an artwork variant. Or thats what my research pointed too. I wasnt sure if that book was offered standard or not. While its not rare by any means they sure seem to print a ton more of the deluxe copy.

My post on "keyboard commandos" disappears, but Greggy telling someone to suck it doesn't. Ummm Yeahhhh.

Greggy > Galactus > Chuck Norris > mods > anything written by anyone else (thumbs u

The mods know their role in these situations. lol

lol He probably ranks even higher than the worlds most interesting man... If that's even possible??