• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

I just hate the name. When do the sidekicks Nike and Adidas appear?

lol

I'm okay with it. But if you step back for a moment and think about some of the more famous superhero and villain callsigns, the names would seem odd outside our hobby.

Will the next HOT book be ASM 256? With a teaser from spiderman 2 Puma app.

that will be both depressing and exciting for me as I must have stuck 10-15 copies of that book in my ebay grab bags over the years where I'd typically get 30-35% of guide for the contents...exciting because I'm pretty sure I still have another 10-15 copies...

No new hot copper...how will I pay the rent

:grin:

I don't get it, why did it sell for that much? Is it a fluke?? I got 2 copies as good looking as that, if not sharper corners. Thouht Raw NM's first prints sold for like 10-20 bucks?

Congrats to Divad! (worship)

Someone is obviously paying for the stated grade, but I would never suggest rolling the dice on a raw 9.8 no matter how nice it looks as depending on the day at CGC it could just as easily come back as a 9.6 as it could hit 9.9. lol

Someone is obviously paying for the stated grade, but I would never suggest rolling the dice on a raw 9.8 no matter how nice it looks as depending on the day at CGC it could just as easily come back as a 9.6 as it could hit 9.9. lol

As I packed it last night, I (as always) had seller's remorse. :facepalm: On closer inspection, the book has a serious chance at a 9.9 - not a single flaw. :sumo:

No new hot copper...how will I pay the rent

I don't get it, why did it sell for that much? Is it a fluke?? I got 2 copies as good looking as that, if not sharper corners. Thouht Raw NM's first prints sold for like 10-20 bucks?

If you've got two copies that look that good, young man, I suggest getting them slabbed . . . lol

It's divad's auction. Kudos to him. But anyone paying $125 for that book raw needs their head examined lobotomized.

:insane: Well, based on current slabbed sales, I still left quite a bit on the table. :grin:

As I packed it last night, I (as always) had seller's remorse. :facepalm: On closer inspection, the book has a serious chance at a 9.9 - not a single flaw. :sumo:

Understood, but CGC has just enough variation in their grading at the very high end that buying a raw book and subbing it is a crapshoot. What is a 9.8 one day, is only a 9.6 the next, and a 9.9 two days later. lol

Congrats on the sale, though. That is an awesome price for a raw copy. (worship)(worship)

It's not a 9.9, It's a 9.8. might even be a 9.6 with the way CGC has been latley, getting back surefire 9.8's as a 9.6...can't find a single thing wrong! CGC says 9.6, starting to think CGC is trying to make sure they don't hand out to many 9.8's.