• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

It's true. That's all I do. It's all I've ever done my entire life. I don't even eat or sleep, I just argue with people, my dogs, the wall, the clock, the fly on the wall, the fly on the clock on the wall, that piece of foil over there, a bowl of cereal, and a couple of leaves sitting on the lawn.

Congrats, admitting your problem is the first step towards regaining your mental health. :applause:

Now it's your turn...

Joe C seemingly developed argument burnout/other things to do about 2 years ago, but before then he was right up there with you.

With that said, I have developed argument burnout (here) as well as my real world job as a lawyer has entailed far too much arguing (and work!) lately. Too many brain cells lost arguing about dumb stuff here. I should save it for my real job where I make a six figure salary but apparently only take home about $12 an hour after paying for childcare and health insurance.

Edited by the blob

Complete madness in all reality but I have my CGC 9.6 copy next to my computer so I guess I shouldn't complain. lol

It's to the point where just about everything Harley Quinn has seen significant price bumps including her 2000 #1 issue, Batman Adventures #16 (wedding issue?) and any one shots she may have appeared in during the last decade. doh!

Complete madness in all reality but I have my CGC 9.6 copy next to my computer so I guess I shouldn't complain. lol

It's to the point where just about everything Harley Quinn has seen significant price bumps including her 2000 #1 issue, Batman Adventures #16 (wedding issue?) and any one shots she may have appeared in during the last decade. doh!

And it's not just her comics. Harley stuff is hot, period. DC Direct has been cranking out statues and figures, and they keep selling like crazy. The Bombshells statue that just came out a couple of months ago for around $80-$100 is now already selling for $200-$250, and the Bruce Timm Black & White Harley statue has already sold out with a second edition being solicited this month, AND THE FIRST EDITION HASN"T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET.

It can't last forever, and DCD is doing everything they can to milk the cash cow, but it's fun for the time being. The only problem is that I'm torn because I love the character, but I also love money, so I'm not sure if I should just be happy to have the stuff and watch the prices rise and inevitably fall, or if I should sell everything now and then rebuy in a year or two once most of it has cooled off. Everyone is hot for the character right now, but DC is definitely pushing product to the over-saturation point. How many folks can keep up with a new statue and/or figure every month (not to mention the comics) before they eventually give up on "having it all"?

It's true. That's all I do. It's all I've ever done my entire life. I don't even eat or sleep, I just argue with people, my dogs, the wall, the clock, the fly on the wall, the fly on the clock on the wall, that piece of foil over there, a bowl of cereal, and a couple of leaves sitting on the lawn.

Congrats, admitting your problem is the first step towards regaining your mental health. :applause:

Now it's your turn...

Joe C seemingly developed argument burnout/other things to do about 2 years ago, but before then he was right up there with you.

meh

hm

Might just be heading down to the LCS and loading up on some BA's.

While you're there, checking for Batman Adventures, Annual #1 is also a Harley issue.

Completed sales are all over, but probably worth your time.

Agreed. This is a significant Harley book.

hm

While you're there, checking for Batman Adventures, Annual #1 is also a Harley issue.

I have 3 of these and can't sell one of them. One I posted on here in about a 7.5(small water spots? barely noticeable BC) for like $5 and nothing. Tried selling another strict 9.6 copy on here for about $15.....again, nothing. I guess ebay is the way to go but as you said, prices are all over the place on this book when it does sell.

hm

I have 3 of these and can't sell one of them. One I posted on here in about a 7.5(small water spots? barely noticeable BC) for like $5 and nothing. Tried selling another strict 9.6 copy on here for about $15.....again, nothing. I guess ebay is the way to go but as you said, prices are all over the place on this book when it does sell.

I'm in the same boat as you. Had a full Batman Adventures run (minus 12), including both Annuals, a Special Edition, and couldn't sell it here.

Sometimes the boards are good; other times eBay is the place to be.

I'm not yet sure where to draw the line, but Copper/Modern feels about right.

hm

I'm in the same boat as you. Had a full Batman Adventures run (minus 12), including both Annuals, a Special Edition, and couldn't sell it here.

Sometimes the boards are good; other times eBay is the place to be.

I'm not yet sure where to draw the line, but Copper/Modern feels about right.

Yes, Silver and Gold flourish on the boards while Cooper/Moderns usually don't move ....i guess just a different audience

From my short stint on the boards, I feel that Copper/Moderns sell when they are either cheap, the must-have-comic-of-the-week, or both.

The G/S/B section does have items selling for higher than similar copies on eBay. In no way is this the norm, but it does happen more than I would expect. As to the reason(s) for it ...

Edited by manetteska