• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Here are some more of my predictions for the next 5 years!

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Gen13 1 Deathmate Black ( Gold Variant )

Sandman 69

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap) add Omega Men 2. it prints the cover to issue 3 in the back.

This should fix this list.

I would collect Omega Men #37 before I would burn up a large amount of cash on Omega Men #2.

'Partners' involves Lobo under contract against Bedlam, his former partner. This contains the 1st solo Lobo story. Written by Todd Klein, plot and art by Keith Giffen. And it has quite the nice cover from Shawn McManus.

It's also the 1st appearance of his new costume/ outfit.

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap)

I didnt know if youre serious about these or not. I literally have a box full of 9.8 raws, probably 30-40. I picked em up for chump change so maybe I'll hold on to em for a bit instead of selling them now.

I think a lot of those books Kevin mentioned have a ceiling due to print runs. Batman 497 for example must have a gazillion copies...

Hulk 181 has a ceiling. Print runs don't really matter, but Batman getting his back broken? That's a key book. Yes I am serious about this list otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. It's also 90's nostalgia.

A lot of you guys have a hard time wrapping your head around high priced copper/early modern age books.

Print runs do matter. The fact is, it takes a lot for most people to go digging to find and sell theirs, and I would venture that most do not pay attention as closely as we do here. I have over 200 NM copies of Bats 497 and that is by accident. I could kill any kind of price increase for over a month if I decided to, and Im one person. Smart dealers are now holding onto their hoards tighter as well. Why would they flood the market and kill the value? You may see an increase in even the highest printed books, but that doesnt mean its justified. It means someone who doesnt have the book, doesnt care about saving $5 to find a comic store with a .50 or $1 bin.

Any book with a print run over 500k or so will have problems picking up steam. Yes there will be an exception here and there, but those exceptions will almost certainly be closer to the 400-600k print run area than the 700k+ runs.

Price is always affected by supply and demand ( a ceiling normally occurs when there is either enough supply to stablilze a price point or, the supply is limited enough the price climbs to a point where only a few can afford it) WD is a good example. Tiny print run, one of the most popular comics related properties ever. It should be worth more, but average people cannot afford it. The demand is lowered because even though MANY people want WD#1 they cannot afford it, so they cannot create the demand by purchasing it, even though they would if they could.

The problem with 80's and early 90's books getting hot is, while the massive supply is known, it is not readily availible. Long boxes are sitting in storage units and back of stores all over the country with hundreds of copies of some of these books. I am not saying a book with a 500K print run cannot increase in value, what im saying is a book with that type of print run can inflate in price due to artificially low supply, that WILL correct itself over time, and that timeframe could be a week or a year.

Understand that I am not talking about books like NM 98 that had Print runs closer to the 200k area. Also, please do not compare a bronze age mega key, with decades of interest behind it, to copper or moderns increases in value because of movie news. As ive said, we first must see what happens when the full supply is realized, that only happens when people have the incentive to go find them.

I agree with a lot of this but will go on to say that many of the 80s/90s books are readily available. Local collectors, small dealers, big dealers....they all seem to have those Batman books around issue #500. Batman breaking his back, death of superman, etc. things events were so-hyped, so-speculated, that everyone was acquiring copies.

If you don't think print runs matter look at Spawn #1.

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap) add Omega Men 2. it prints the cover to issue 3 in the back.

I would collect Omega Men #37 before I would burn up a large amount of cash on Omega Men #2.

'Partners' involves Lobo under contract against Bedlam, his former partner. This contains the 1st solo Lobo story. Written by Todd Klein, plot and art by Keith Giffen. And it has quite the nice cover from Shawn McManus.

Omega_Men_Vol_1_37.jpg

Omega Men 10 is another to pick up, That get's the CGC label note of "First Full Lobo Story" While #37 just 1st Bounty Hunter Costume I believe, If they note the solo story it would make it even better (maybe someone with a #37 slab can answer) Either way thanks for the tip I will keep an eye out for this now!

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

Finally.....someone who knows what they are talking about....

:baiting:

I think it's gonna be quite a long time before anyone really cares about Lobo again.

Omega Men #3 prices are finally getting close to where they were 20 years ago or so. The Man got way overexposed too fast

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

Omega_Men_Vol_1_37.jpg

Omega Men 10 is another to pick up, That get's the CGC label note of "First Full Lobo Story" While #37 just 1st Bounty Hunter Costume I believe, If they note the solo story it would make it even better (maybe someone with a #37 slab can answer) Either way thanks for the tip I will keep an eye out for this now!

Omega Men #10 is definitely another good one to grab. I think the difference is 10 still involved the Omega Men, while 37 was all about The Main Man.

All this Lobo talk made me excited to go back and do some reading. The Alan Moore backup story issue are a little shot of fun too, though nothing major.

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

Omega_Men_Vol_1_37.jpg

no prob, i love that comic and buy it when i see it. i just like to let omega men collectors/ lobo fans know that his image appeared first prior to issue 3, kinda lke asm 359, daredevil 115 and yea the tmnt as another boardie mentioned a few posts ago

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

Omega_Men_Vol_1_37.jpg

no prob, i love that comic and buy it when i see it. i just like to let omega men collectors/ lobo fans know that his image appeared first prior to issue 3, kinda lke asm 359, daredevil 115 and yea the tmnt as another boardie mentioned a few posts ago

Was previews around back then (shrug)

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

6 months ago I predicted Superman Adventures 5 and people on here thought I was being stupid, When Batman Adventures 12 was $150 in 9.8, I said "That book is gonna take off" When MOS 18 was $80 in 9.8 a year ago, I went out and bought 6 copies.

You guys are missing the point of these books here, just cause people on here don't care about them, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't want them, Not every single copy is locked and sealed in 9.8 shape in collections everywhere. But hey, if I'm just gonna be insulted listing books then I'll just keep what I find to myself.

This I can believe. DC comics are so f'in stupid for not pushing Gen 13 today. It was one of the hottest Image comics ever. I just don't understand why they keep pushing the same tired stale people from their Universe. This book could totally make a huge comeback. I will hold onto the 2 copies that I have. Gen13 reflected the times back then and I think could still be blended in today. I just have a hard time visualizing Gen13 standing next to some of the silly looking characters in the DC U.

DMG_zps3e105259.jpg

6 months ago I predicted Superman Adventures 5 and people on here thought I was being stupid, When Batman Adventures 12 was $150 in 9.8, I said "That book is gonna take off" When MOS 18 was $80 in 9.8 a year ago, I went out and bought 6 copies.

You guys are missing the point of these books here, just cause people on here don't care about them, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't want them, Not every single copy is locked and sealed in 9.8 shape in collections everywhere. But hey, if I'm just gonna be insulted listing books then I'll just keep what I find to myself.

6 months ago? Where? Here? You posted this two months ago here in Copper:

livewire2.jpg

And this one a month ago in Modern:

livewire.jpg

If you look at eBay the book didn't actually start commanding more than a few dollars until your second mention of the book on these boards. So is the book really heating up because people actually want the book due to an interest in the character or is it because the book is being hyped up on this forum and elsewhere on the internet?

Several people in this very thread have asked why is this book going up in price and nobody can give them an answer. That should tell you something.

Everyone here appreciates recommendations for books to watch. But there should be a more legitimate reason to go after them beyond the character having tits or making their debut in the new 52.

2c

Everyone here appreciates recommendations for books to watch. But there should be a more legitimate reason to go after them beyond the character having tits or making their debut in the new 52.

:o

This is going to change speculation for at least a week.

This is going to change speculation for at least a week.

Tec 647 is still a good buy

If you look at eBay the book didn't actually start commanding more than a few dollars until your second mention of the book on these boards. So is the book really heating up because people actually want the book due to an interest in the character or is it because the book is being hyped up on this forum and elsewhere on the internet?

Several people in this very thread have asked why is this book going up in price and nobody can give them an answer. That should tell you something.

2c

I made mention of the Nightwing mini series issues 1 and 2 about a month ago, on another copper thread, and the two books are starting to slowly climb in price. I know issue #2 was easily available for $1 on eBay, but now it seems to be a solid $5-10 book.

Edited by lemonman5

This is going to change speculation for at least a week minute.

Tec 647 is still a good buy

I changed my statement.

(:

6 months ago? Where? Here? You posted this two months ago here in Copper:

livewire2.jpg

And this one a month ago in Modern:

livewire.jpg

2c

Yes but I found and bought that book months ago along with the action 835, I just didn't mention that book until recently, I have a notebook full of books that I think will heat up in time, I only posted a few of them and people are calling me crazy. Then again the same people cataloging me crazy are ones who never thought MOS 17 and 18 would never see it beyond the quarter box. People want books that you may think are stupid but others love them and want them. Weather it's fueled by a movie/TV show or not. Not everyone discards a book cause it has a high print run. Spawn 1 in 9.8? I sold my 9.8 for almost $75. I think I paid $2 for it. a you guys just aren't seeing what I'm seeing.